are there still beautiful things?
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
So tired trying to see from behind the red in my eyes
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

This has been Koa's mental dialogue for the past 12 hours or so. No room for panic, no room for fear: just a steady stream of fuckaducks acting as drumbeat he can march along to, purposeful and stressed. Since the moon fell the soldier's been on his feet, organizing Dragoons, calming civilians, talking to fellow soldiers, trying to keep afloat. Disheveled and exhausted, his cropped hair wild and his uniform smudged, Koa is a shadow of his usual self, beset by bags under his eyes and fueled by too many cups of coffee to count.

And yet somehow despite it all his composure hasn't faltered. Somehow despite the exhaustion and chaos, Koa has managed to thrive.

He spins on his heel at the sound of his name, copper eyes sharp above the bags. "Sohalia!" Peeling away from his contingent of soldiers, the young man rushes up to his Heart. Without hesitation he wraps his arms around her, squeezing tight as though to reassure himself she's real.

Then just as quickly he lets her go, stepping back to give her space.

"We're organizing Dragoons to help the other regions. I'll be going to Torchline." His bright eyes are serious as he takes in her duffel, as well as her disheveled appearance. "What about you?"
Koa
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
And, Lord, she found me just in time

Messages In This Thread
are there still beautiful things? - by Sohalia - 01-01-2024, 06:10 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-01-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-01-2024, 08:24 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-02-2024, 07:18 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-10-2024, 06:14 PM