Something missing
prayer to the old gods!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 47 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3530
Tal's expression fell, turning more and more glum at what he interpreted as Frey's lack of interest. Not even the unsubtle innuendo - usually the kind of humor that was right up the courier's alley - could crack more than a weak smile from him. He reached up to rub the back of his neck, eyes falling down to the altar as the deity posed their questions, and all he could offer was an awkward shrug.

"I mean, as for me, I travel a lot, y'know? Yeah, King's End is home now, but it's just... it matters, havin' some place t'say a prayer when I'm makin' deliveries in th'Grounds, same as here or Torchline or Halo." He swallowed hard, and Boreal pushed her head up under his hand. He began to scratch at the base of her horns automatically. "But I dunno if I'm th'only one..." Noah aside, there were other non-Ancients who came to the Grounds for business or curiosity or just to meddle pass through... weren't there? Though maybe it didn't matter to them about having a shrine to visit while they were in the area? Frey's questions preyed upon the courier's self-confidence, and his shoulders slumped.

"Look, I think Sunjata's workin' on a shrine t'you in King's End, an' I'm hopin' he'll let me help with it but..." But maybe not, since Sunjata was sworn to sex Frey and Tal was more of a nature Frey kind of guy. Though they were both technically 'Frey' so... was it the same shrine in the end?

Trying to parse out the dual nature of the deity gave Tal a headache at the best of times, and at the moment he was under too much pressure to sort out that particular theological quandary.

"... But I'm kinda afraid o'stepping on th'Archon's toes. Meddlin' in a demigod's business feels, uh, real dumb." Even for him. And he really didn't want to have to move again so soon!

Messages In This Thread
Something missing - by Talyson - 02-12-2024, 07:33 PM
RE: Something missing - by Frey - 02-13-2024, 12:29 PM
RE: Something missing - by Talyson - 02-13-2024, 05:02 PM
RE: Something missing - by Frey - 02-14-2024, 10:22 AM
RE: Something missing - by Talyson - 02-14-2024, 06:24 PM
RE: Something missing - by Frey - 02-21-2024, 11:41 AM
RE: Something missing - by Talyson - 02-21-2024, 11:15 PM
RE: Something missing - by Frey - 02-24-2024, 03:49 PM
RE: Something missing - by Talyson - 02-25-2024, 05:22 AM
RE: Something missing - by Frey - 02-25-2024, 12:53 PM