[SE] Omens are for the weak
Open!
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Online
Change author:
MP: 425
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
In her fuming state, Thal almost misses the breaking of twigs approaching. She relaxes her stance but is unable to pull the tension of anger from her body. When she turns to face the voice, she notices first their similarities. Both being of shorter stature with protruding horns and a tail. Although the glaring opposites outweigh those commonalities, Thal finds herself surprisingly comfortable in the woman's presence.

She provides an admitting grunt at the Ancient's words, not yet willing to speak through her bubbling emotions. Her blue eyes follow each delicate movement of the woman as she rectifies the haphazard items littering the shrine. Despite Thal's current feelings, she understands that others have a right to their grief and religious beliefs. She would never stoop so low as to defile those expressions or interrupt their amendment.

When the woman steps back with a scowl still tarnishing her face, Thal steps forward. Although the offerings were placed pleasantly, something was missing. She plucks the candle from one of the trunk recesses and allows the flame to share its gift with the unlit lantern of the shrine. Once the candle is returned to its place, she takes in the charming view of the glowing lanterns, letting the warmth soothe her rage.

Starting with a shrug, she begins answering the question. "It was mainly hunger and bitterness speaking. I have been unable to alleviate the pain in my heart for some time." Her deep sigh punctuates the air. She lifts her eyes to the canopy, hoping to catch a glimpse of anything resembling the sea. To no avail. Thal feels a wetness behind her eyes but refuses to let it develop further. Instead, her anger is reignited. "It may not have been Ludo, but none of the gods have helped me thus far. They have chosen to sit back and let a spirit prevent me from doing what I love most. They don't care about me." Looking the other Ancient directly in the eyes, she recalls what was stolen from her in exchange for her transformation.

"I may not have the power to do anything against them, but at least I can show them that I am not someone to be ignored."

With her rant hanging in the air, Thal feels the emptiness of her life. She can't sail anymore, she has no family that she can recall, and she has no current purpose. Why should she thank the gods for anything?
because all this time the monster has been me.
THALASSA

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-01-2024, 11:12 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-01-2024, 11:58 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-02-2024, 01:05 AM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-02-2024, 05:31 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-03-2024, 04:29 AM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-03-2024, 01:33 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-03-2024, 09:52 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-05-2024, 09:47 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-05-2024, 11:19 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-06-2024, 12:56 AM