[SE] the closer you are to danger
Thalassa
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 520
She bows to no one.
Thal watched Maea puzzle around the possibilities of the Void and this mystery person. Her serious expression concerned Thal. It seemed the situation was more dire than she knew, especially as she heard the Torchline phrase. A distinct chill ran up her arms and her hands did little to warm them. Giving a forced smile, she nodded. "I appreciate the warning."

Despite her attempt to lead her mind elsewhere, wicked thoughts continued to circulate. Would it be safer to side with Maea or this woman who almost killed a demigod? On one hand, she wanted to join Maea with the other Ancients, trying to build a home. Maybe she would settle near Jack Tar Landing. Perhaps she could come to terms with what she has become. However, the familiar doubt flooded her, making her balk at the idea of making more than shallow connections with people. The idea of letting someone in. It was easier to think about aligning herself with souls darker than her own. A sick thrill of sewing chaos and destruction. Of being feared.

Putting her ruinous reflections back in their tidy corner, Thal looked back at Maea, realizing that she had been staring into the dark sky by her feet. The pool of liquid tugged at her, but she refused to look away again. "I guess my question is: How do you know who to trust? With all the uncertainties surrounding the Void and this woman, how do you know that the people you meet aren't already working for her? How do you know I'm not?" The moment she said it, she knew that Maea could easily take it as an admission of guilt when she had none. Thal stumbled over her next words, hoping to correct that mistake. "Are there signs? How do you know this woman is even related to the Void and not just a violent person?" As the questions tumbled from her lips, she felt her volume and anxiety rising. The topic seemed to bother her, bringing forth so many doubts about the current state of the world - and her psyche.
Thalassa

Messages In This Thread
[SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-08-2024, 06:17 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-09-2024, 04:52 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-13-2024, 07:25 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-14-2024, 11:31 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-17-2024, 05:21 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-19-2024, 03:48 AM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Thalassa - 03-20-2024, 10:45 PM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-21-2024, 03:58 AM
RE: [SE] the closer you are to danger - by Maea - 03-26-2024, 05:54 PM