In time you'll find, I've got baggage too
Sunjata <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
give me shelter, or show me heart
She could feel him approach behind her. It was not so much the shift of water pressure around her as some primal instinct warning against a looming danger, some incoming threat. Maea threw a quick glance over her shoulder and saw the dark fin cut through the waves, behind her, then by her side, and with a laugh she ducked down beneath the waves, into the ocean.

He was magnificent. Huge, black, with shimmering patches of white that were near incandescent in the filtered light. Despite the choppy waves, the view was surprisingly good below the surf, and Maea could see a lot further than she thought. She kept swimming, holding her breath for as long as she could. But then the rough part began; the struggle not to rise to the surface to get more air, the instinct not to inhale water battling against her faith in the Cloud Manta crystal's ability to let her breathe. Her pace slackened a bit, made her fall behind as focus turned from propelling her forward with magic to simply inhaling.

But then she was there. A deep, desperate intake of what should be water, what probably was water, only it did not feel painful at all. Just like... well. Breathing. Only then could she look up again, and give a thumbs up to Sunjata.

"I hate that part," she told him, amused to find that her words made bubbles of air stream up from her mouth. Whether he could hear her or not, if she was legible at all, was difficult to say.
watch me fall apart
and I'll be yours to keep
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: In time you'll find, I've got baggage too - by Maea - 02-23-2020, 05:40 AM