In time you'll find, I've got baggage too
Sunjata <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
give me shelter, or show me heart
His eyes shuddered, hesitated, but the pale gaze that met his was unflinching. Not fearless, no, but... determined. Setting the cup aside on the floor, Maea turned fully towards Sunjata, and crossed her arms on the bed. Laid her chin down on them, so she was face to face with him. And for once, she was completely serious. Almost grave, as she looked at him.

"I don't expect to like it. But. I have claimed on a few occasions that I want all of you. All of you, Sunjata.

"And I feel... that if I can't face you when you're at your absolute worst, and still keep my head high? Then I don't deserve to have you at all."

Taking a deep breath, she let her gaze drop for a moment. Chewed her lip, to search for words.

"'What you cannot defend, you don't deserve to keep.' It's something my grandfather used to say a lot. And I believe it.

"So I will fight, and earn everything I have, so that no one can say I don't deserve it. Even if I have to fight you, to keep you."

Maea smiled at him then, and there was a glint of steel in her eyes, as they reflected back his gaze. A suggestion of fangs hidden behind her lips, promising to cut back as deep as she was cut. A little eye for an eye, give and take, treat as treated... Because she was like the moon, only reflected back the light offered to her by others. If there was none given... then what would there be to return but cold, hard darkness?
watch me fall apart
and I'll be yours to keep
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: In time you'll find, I've got baggage too - by Maea - 02-26-2020, 11:09 AM