WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED?
Chan Chanling

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
I have been tempted at times to try making an Ascended, usually because I actually do enjoy the 'bad guys' aspect of them. And vampires are cool.

But aside from preferring to have only one character at a time, I am slightly put off by the technological aspect of them. It's only a personal preference, but I am a little uncomfortable with the mechanical stuff, for some reason. It's why I usually go for fantasy over sci-fi, and Abandoned/magic users over normies. I do enjoy the concept in general because of how unusual it is, but it's not something I vibe with and I don't know how I would write it. Magic to me is intuitive, emotionally driven, while tech... requires logic? And precise understanding of what's going on, and to me it somehow feels a lot more stiff and rigid. Not sure if this makes any sense, lol. It's mostly a matter of how easy it would be for me to wing a description and relate to what's going on with the character.
I guess the whole thing with not having functioning senses makes it harder too. I wouldn't know how to find purpose for a being that doesn't eat, sleep or have the basic needs that drive most creatures. What do you do with all that time? Why do anything at all, and how would they not go insane? I don't understand it, can't wrap my head around why anyone would want that kind of existence, and that of course makes it very difficult to play that kind of character, lmao.

From the points brought up above, my only objection is rather that I don't want to be forced to write smut, and since biting is arousing and also part of level requirements, I would have to dive into that kind of scenario whether I want to or not. Either that, or pay a lot of MP to skip that requirement, which I really don't want to do.

Another thing I've been bugged by is the agelessness, or rather the fact that I'd love to write the more ancient kind of Ascended, if I ever were to try. But for any newly made Ascended, it won't be something that even matters unless this game continues on for ten more years or so, right? And I might be remembering wrong here, but supposedly there weren't any old Ascended left outside the barrier, and it feels a bit late to make an old one from within the Grounds, because where have they been all this time? I don't know.

In other words, I feel the Ascended are cool! But. Would I write one? Eh, meh, nah... probably not at this point in time.

Messages In This Thread
WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-08-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Oakley - 10-09-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Skylark - 10-09-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by lancydulac - 10-09-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:59 PM