that's on you, babe
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
flora

"But the war is over. The Voice is gone, and...yeah, I'm pretty sure all the ascended are gone too." Flora agrees despite her hostile tone. "I know people will always find something to fight about, but gods, it's like they all forgot how to have fun. Like being safe is somehow more important than living." Had anyone used the bubble stream thing they'd all worked on? Had the stargate actually helped during the war? Because if not, they could have magical firelight on the beaches, or whiskey fountains, or personal fucking clouds to carry them around on instead.

Though Jack was one of the last people to let your guard down around, Flora finds herself sighing as her shoulders sag. "If I had during the meeting, no doubt Harper would have said I wasted my channeling on being petty." She says sourly. "Ronin would have just...played the diplomat, probably. He doesn't like ruffling feathers if he doesn't have to. Remi would have, probably. I thought about calling down Frey, but I don't think they'd care, and I know Harper is a follower of Safrin, but..." Glancing over her shoulder toward the shrine, the Doubletake shrugs a touch coyly. "Well, I happen to think she'll be very interested to know what was said about her favourite demigod."

Raising her cigarette to her lips and making a mental note to practice the smoke-thing Jack was able to do with his tongue, Flora smiles in the wine-drunk light settling over them. "There certainly are...and the Hollowed Ground and Greatwood are just...empty." Ripe for the taking one might say, but she didn't think that's what either of them really wanted.

"I wonder if Remi could drop a dragon onto Harper's house." Flora wonders offhandedly, grinning at the darkening waves.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!

Messages In This Thread
that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 02:23 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Jack - 05-25-2023, 06:06 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 06:13 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Jack - 05-25-2023, 06:24 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 06:29 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Jack - 05-25-2023, 06:38 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 06:50 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Jack - 05-25-2023, 07:11 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 07:16 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Jack - 05-25-2023, 07:34 PM
RE: that's on you, babe - by Flora - 05-25-2023, 07:42 PM