be all my sins remembered
open!
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 32 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
gladly feast on all those who would dare to try and subdue us
Given her status, Anju has not had the pleasure of having Octavius directly beneath her wing. Her own squadron is comprised of other high-ranking Dragoons, ones she has trained with for many years now. They often teach the new recruits in pairs or large teams to not only improve their skills but to introduce themselves, but it's clear to her as he looks up at her bewildered and stunned that she needs to do more.

He forfeits the truth faster than she might have expected, though her rank may have something to do with that. Anju sits beside him, patient and attentive. Absorbing every word with the seriousness the topic dictates and attempting to honor the risk he is taking in revealing the despicable actions of not only a fellow soldier, but a superior.

With her stoic expression it is easy to hide the disgust she feels as he expands on the incident, and only when he has fallen silent does she tilt her chin down to consider it all at once.

"Your fear is not unfounded. Heresy is heavily weighted here, and rumors can be devastating." Her brown hands fist themselves on her folded thighs until her knuckles bleed pale, and Riya makes a soft crooning noise beside her that Anju ignores. "You have more honor than your superior or any who abided his actions, Octavius. Know that. Speaking up in the face of cruelty when outnumbered is deserving of the highest praise, no matter your success in stopping it." As a younger Dragoon, she would not fault him for having failed in the least.

"As for your question - your superior was in the wrong for many reasons. Not only are we as Dragoons not executioners or enforcers who cannot take the law into our own hands, our job is to ensure due process is allowed for all potential guilty parties." It's clear by the passion in her voice that she feels this strongly, and always has. Practically reared on the ideals of justice and law. "The merchant may not have even known what he had in his possession. It may have been planted there by a business rival. What, then, would a beating have achieved?" It may have been farfetched in terms of excuses, but nothing is impossible; precisely why they have trials and investigations in joint forces between detectives and Dragoons. "To begin with, no search of the cart was initially warranted. We are here to keep our citizens safe, not cowering in fear - your superior was grievously wrong from the very start to have turned a moment of aid into something more." Gritting her teeth, the muscle in her jaw feathers conspicuously as she contends with the force of her anger and disappointment.

Turning, she meets his eyes to convey appropriately her own disappointment in herself for this having escaped her purview. "Heresy against you or this merchant would not have even become a threat if due process had been kept by your superior. That is why we have them, to protect soldiers such as yourself from empty accusations. For that, I can only apologize that I did not know about this sooner." Shaking her head slightly, Anju breathes out slowly and tries to determine where to go from here. "I cannot force you, but if you could tell me your superior's name, it would be for the best. They cannot be afforded the safety of our ranks and titles if they will abuse them." Anju will not stand by it. She will oust them personally if she must.

Messages In This Thread
be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 05-31-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Anju - 06-06-2023, 02:33 AM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 06-06-2023, 03:53 AM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Anju - 06-06-2023, 09:51 PM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 06-07-2023, 05:06 AM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Anju - 06-09-2023, 06:44 PM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 06-09-2023, 09:21 PM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Anju - 06-14-2023, 01:22 AM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 06-15-2023, 08:30 PM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Anju - 06-19-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: be all my sins remembered - by Octavius - 06-21-2023, 02:41 AM