Was it pain or was it circumstance
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
Normally Hotaru does not give much quarter to those too far gone in their drinks, but she knows Sunjata. Knows his tolerance, his coping mechanisms, even his preferences for glass and the liquors that go in them. And, in a part of her mind she does not want to acknowledge, Ru knows she would take any time he saw fit to give her, inebriated or otherwise.

Relief settles the line of her shoulders into something softer at his reassurances. Only to have that languid state nearly shattered by his easy admission and the way he takes her into his arms.

Her fingers go lax, nearly dropping her glass as she sinks into him before she can string two words together. He smells the same, her heart whines as she shamefully tucks her face into the warm hollow of his throat. Despite the precarious drink in one hand, both arms rise to encircle him in turn, and she hopes he won't feel how the fingers of one hand splay and grip tight at the jacket he wears in the center of his spine. Her nailbeds ache with the desire for her claws to emerge and sink in, to force him to keep her in this sudden tide he has pulled her into. "I missed you too," she whispers, and loathes him for a moment for how easily he brings her into his gravity, wiping free blond-haired suitors and lidded eyes from having any purchase in her attention.

"Better. Remi was able to call Mort so we could see Enzo one last time. It put me where I needed to be." And though she has kept her side of the Attuned bond shut firmly down this entire evening, he will feel the ghost flicker of regret - because he will not be awarded the same closure with the one he'd lost. "But Flora pointed out I've been hiding away in Halo. So now I'm here." Trying, if nothing else. Every day there's more to be shown for it, but Ru can't always see the progress in front of her.

Tilting her head slightly, opening her eyes though she can only see the shadows in his skin, she murmurs back, "What about you?"
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 09:26 PM