Was it pain or was it circumstance
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9347
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
Much can be said for the healing that time can provide, because he is not the only one letting old memories wash through without fighting the pull of them. They’d had far more to grieve than their shared history in the past two years, but somewhere in the middle of it all maybe it had started to scar over too. Holding him now there is no ache of ill-stitched muscle beneath the scabbed over surface; only relief, comfort, lo-

Hotaru is not brave enough for that one though. She shuts it down hard, even if that emotion is what is making her slot her body into the spaces his has always held for her. Even the hurt of Nate and Enzo cannot inspire more than a dull ache she is accustomed to soothing now. What she isn’t prepared for is the sudden spike of denial that pierces through her chest as he makes more space between them - withering back into silence only when his hands remain against her, though it wouldn’t make it look any better to anyone with prying eyes. Because of it his agreement inspires a belated huff of a laugh.

“If you’re telling me that too then I really can’t deny it.” She wishes she knew if he’d been doing the same with the sanctuary, if only so she could drag him under the bus with her. But even humor fades into something softer at his unexpected continuance of emotional honesty. “It’s good to see you too. I’m glad to see you’re looking better - you look good.” Because she simply doesn’t know how to stop caring for him, worrying about him. And while he will always be handsome even when the world has given him hell, she will always admire the inner glow that fills him on better days.

A brow rises alongside the corners of her lips at the mention of another brothel. She’ll have to check it out - though her eyes can’t help but check his skin, as if she has any grounds for jealousy or judgment had she found any. He may yet still be with the lovely woman she’d found him with after all. Assumptions would only hurt her.

Tilting her head, firelight glowing against her golden hair and the curve of her cheek, she readjusts her grip on her wine glass which is still full and against his hip. “What are they having you do if it’s already complete?” Curiosity fades into something a little sad as the familiar wooden smile of his favorite put-together facade emerges from his handsome face. Lifting her empty hand away from his shirt, she touches the corner of his mouth gently with her fingertips, pinky brushing against his cheek. “Jata,” she murmurs, “not with me. Please.” Coming back to herself, she begins to pull her hand back. “It’s okay if you’re still struggling. I am too.”
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 10:39 PM