Was it pain or was it circumstance
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
It’s a wonderful way to compare them, because it is so painfully true. Hotaru has had her heart broken - or done the breaking - far too many times to have not learned the value in picking out the good from the shattered glass and resentment. Little pieces of proof she was not only capable of being loved, but loving in return; no matter how the ending might have played out.

Her lips twitch slightly to hear such a formal tone from him. Even before things went bad, he has rarely used that tone on her, and his accent and intonation never fail to make her chest bubble with fondness. The smile falters with surprise as he shuffles closer and reaches to gently touch her face. Though she blinks quickly, it takes all of a moment of adjustment before she tilts her cheek into his touch as it caresses down her temple. Her smile turns wry, and then breaks into a huffed laugh of something closer to true humor at his teasing.

“You’re saying seeing mine is bad enough to drive you to drink?” Opening eyes she can’t remember having closed while she soaked in his touch, she picks up her glass to offer it to him. “You can have mine. I don’t think I’ll end up touching it, much less finishing it. Plus wine hangovers are the worst.” She wouldn’t drink nearly enough to make that a reality, but she is trying to follow in his footsteps, keeping their faces angled towards the lighthearted shades of what lies between them instead of all the shadows that roam plentifully even when they are apart.
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 05:56 AM