Was it pain or was it circumstance
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
It feels like, from anyone else with the amount of history with her as he does, that sentiment would sound hollow. It doesn’t. But Hotaru concedes all the good with the reality that hides behind the facts - “Thank you. Though I owe a lot to the people who kept me around. I’m sure you understand.” She doesn’t let the stiffness enter her voice despite her desire to. Ru cannot contend with the deep gratitude and debt she feels for Isla that stands in direct opposition to her jealousy and suspicion. “Although half of them enable me when it comes to staying in Halo eternally working, and the other half are trying to get me to leave every other week.” Her wry grin can’t easily be seen, but it’s clear even Ru hasn’t been sure who to listen to this whole time. Or even what her own gut says. Admittedly after everything Hotaru doesn’t much trust her gut at all.

But the topic seems to meld almost dangerously easily because what he says sounds like. Well, like a compromise. Like something she can’t dare to consider because of the gravity of it all. But it doesn’t stop her tongue from running away from her. “I really should visit then. See it for myself. Maybe I can extend my vacation a bit, or visit after we finish our regional quest for Frey.” And, like him, so much goes unsaid on her behalf too; would you want me there that soon? Or at all? Do you need time to yourself after all this - after seeing me? Will I be the one who needs it?
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-04-2023, 03:27 AM