If I could just have you in the light
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 32 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
George
The grand re-opening of the Hanged Man had been a success. The crowd had been lively, and many of them were now inebriated. George was not such a one, having had only a few drinks, preferring sobriety to inebriation nine times out of ten. After all, he often took advantage of people who'd had too much to drink by stealing their purses; who was to say that someone might not do the same with him?

With the festivities winding down, George slipped away to enjoy the night air. He was not expecting to find Hotaru on the patio, alone, reclined on a chair and staring up into the sky. He glanced up himself, searching the stars for something of interest, but though it was beautiful, he couldn't find a reason for the pensiveness that lingered on Hotaru's face.

For the briefest moment, he hesitated, considering going back inside. After all, they had only met once, and whatever she was thinking, it was likely none of his business, and he was liable to ruin whatever connection that they'd had by pushing into her night. Perhaps she was simply enjoying the peace and quiet after the party. But there was something lonely on her face that he couldn't quite place, and he found himself moving closer quite by accident.

He made sure his steps were loud enough to be heard as he approached, not wanting to startle her. "Hello, love," he said. "Mind if I sit?"

Messages In This Thread
If I could just have you in the light - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: If I could just have you in the light - by George - 06-02-2023, 06:48 AM