If I could just have you in the light
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 32 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
George
Okay, sure, maybe he'd overplayed his hand a little. But as his rueful smile matched the lilt of her lips, he felt slightly emboldened by the fact that he wasn't far from the mark. His brows raised in spite of himself, the drama and intrigue impressive even by his standards. "And we are forever grateful," he said solemnly, though his hazel eyes twinkled in the starlight. "Imagine how upsetting it would be to burn the bar down on opening night."

George would have been absolutely fine with Hotaru resting her head on his chest - in fact, it would have endeared her to him all the more. She was a fascinating woman, with her air of mystery and her clear wit, and, though it may have been presumptuous, George imagined a connection with Hotaru that was worth exploring. At the very least, she had captured his attention, and that was no easy feat.

As for him and where he stood in all of it - well, that gave him pause. How much did he want to reveal? That he was a thief would come out sooner or later, if Hotaru didn't kick him to the curb before then. That her daughter was running a Thieves Guild, though? What would the woman in his arms have to say about that? But the pause was only a split second, barely enough to register, before he said, "Right here, with you in my arms."

Messages In This Thread
If I could just have you in the light - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: If I could just have you in the light - by George - 06-06-2023, 09:22 PM