tempt my trouble
For Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
As Koa backed away, Soh watched helplessly as she lost not only a potential suitor, but a friend. If only she could go back in time, stop all of this from happening... but would she? He'd given her her first date, her first kiss, and it had all been so lovely and wonderful that she would hate to have it erased from her memory. But maybe, if she'd only tried to be his friend from the beginning, she could have saved them both some heartbreak now.

It was only a moment before Koa was gone, leaving Soh standing in the middle of her office, Tarak watching her with his head cocked to one side and his tail lashing back and forth in distress. The girl made a strangled sound that was half a sob before she even realized she was crying. Whatever she had anticipated from this particular meeting, this wasn't it. To be so distraught about doing something that was so necessary... it hadn't been what she'd expected. She'd thought it might be hard on Koa, not that it might be hard on her.

But here she was, furiously wiping at the tears that had spilled from her eyes, angry at herself for having gotten herself into this position in the first place. She wished fervently that she had just ignored Phoebe's advice and sent Koa a letter or something. Doing this face to face had been a mistake.

Had it, though? Or had it been a necessary evil?

After a moment, she moved to shut the door, giving herself some time and space to think through what had happened and gather her thoughts before she went home to Jude. She leaned against the desk, staring out the window behind it. Tarak climbed onto her shoulder, eliciting a wince from his bonded as his claws dug into her arm, but she took it without complaint. She deserved it, for the pain she'd caused. And for a long time, she stood there, staring unseeing out the window, stroking the feathers beneath Tarak's chin and contemplating what all of this meant.

-FIN-

Messages In This Thread
tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-24-2023, 01:44 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 03:39 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 03:58 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 04:30 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 04:47 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-26-2023, 10:27 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 10:51 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-26-2023, 11:14 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-27-2023, 02:23 AM