I heard that you fell in love or near enough
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 32 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Anju
The knife twists at the thought
that I should fall short of the mark
She shows up not as Captain, but as merely Anju. No formal attire, sword and holster left in her own home, hair in a messy bun instead of one of her painstakingly perfect styles. Lately, she has been reflecting on her desires to be closer to her soldiers, to show them some measure of warmth and understanding that previously Anju had assumed could not be afforded. Now, with a new leader and a re-established council, perhaps it is the right time. Koa had merely been the first to give her an adequate opening.

Koa's stiffness had been unmistakable and equally out of character during the city meeting. Having been at Sohalia's side, Anju had not been able to check in on him at that very moment, but she does not procrastinate once the meeting is disbanded. Koa had been on duty, so the very next morning she arrives at the Carpenter household and raps her knuckles sharply on the door, Riya's giant head peering between her knees to ruin any illusion of stoicism that may have lingered.

The moment the door swings open, Anju pins Koa with her gaze - still intense, but set in an expression that is both more approachable and clearly concerned. "Koa. May I come in?" Utilizing his first name the moment she has the chance to make it clear this is personal, not business.
You're frightened by my bite
though it's no harsher than my bark

Messages In This Thread
I heard that you fell in love or near enough - by Anju - 06-27-2023, 03:27 AM