Watching stars fall over our heads
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Of course she was uncaring of the tears that stained his skin. She was undeterred by his snot and tears, focusing on cleaning them off of his face instead, allowing him to cradle his face against her chest. The former queen turns to press another kiss to his curls.

Her sweet, sweet boy. Always too soft for this world. Yet, here he was, gnashing his teeth and banging his fists into anything he could. Fighting with rage against something he didn't fully understand.

It made sense that he needed his mother to come in. To pick up all the pieces and patch him back together again. With nothing but love and understanding waiting for him in return. He would never find judgement with her. She was glad that she could remind him of that now.

She hisses out a breath, giving him another gentle squeeze as she draws him ever closer, "Oh... Darling, you could never. Ever. I will always be here for you." Maeve murmurs against his curls, rocking him lightly as she lets him lean heavily into her arms, uncaring of his weight. If anything she reveled in it. Her heart clenches in her chest, constricting painfully as she, "It isn't you, Jude. Those who left... They left because of themselves. Not you." Maeve draws a heavy breath, "Your father, Soh, me... People are complicated, messy things. We make mistakes. We leave things behind and in rubble."

Maeve brushes at his tears again, leaning into him just as much as he was leaning on her. "Sometimes it isn't your job to fix things. Sometimes your job, the only thing you can do, is walk away. You don't owe it to anyone to be torn apart because they're in shambles too." A hard lesson that she was still learning to this day. That she had to learn over and over again.

"Come stay with me a while, ma chérie." The former queen murmurs, lifting her head so she can look down at him, eyes regarding him softly.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death

Messages In This Thread
Watching stars fall over our heads - by Jude - 12-05-2023, 08:41 PM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Maeve - 12-05-2023, 09:26 PM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Jude - 12-05-2023, 10:39 PM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Maeve - 12-05-2023, 11:42 PM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Jude - 12-06-2023, 02:22 AM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Maeve - 12-06-2023, 02:51 AM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Jude - 12-17-2023, 09:56 AM
RE: Watching stars fall over our heads - by Maeve - 12-23-2023, 01:47 PM