Hit the brakes, you’re not thinking straight
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
His heart rabbits as Koa concedes the point. It doesn't mean anything, but it does. Or maybe that's just the alcohol talking. Jude isn't well-versed in the levels of drunkenness, and Koa's everything makes it even harder to get a read on his own physical state when every nerve and synapse is firing at once.

Jude turns and leans back against the bar when Koa braces his arm against it, extending his long legs out in front of him and neatly hooking his ankles. He doesn't need to answer a leading question about romance. His heart is broken, what does romance matter to him now? It's also an illusion of confidence that's emboldened by Koa's promising answer. Promising enough that Jude simply cradles his new drink and doesn't slam it back as medicine for the rejection he'd anticipated. "Then I'd ask you to kiss me first," bluntly falls off his tongue as he turns toward Koa's gravity and looks the short journey up into his eyes, the low lights flickering in them in a way that looks like will-o-wisps. Fitting, to symbolize an impossible goal. "And if it's half as good as I hope, we get a room." Even if the nerves threaten to choke him, the jagged edges of his loneliness cut the threads that try to wrap too tightly. It's the only confidence he needs.
Maybe I just want to be yours
Yeah, I want to be yours
Jude

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hit the brakes, you’re not thinking straight - by Jude - 05-03-2024, 02:19 PM