Personal Quest Ashes and dust
Open
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
your battle worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore;
/// that you are ruined ///
She doesn’t trust anyone, and she’s survived thus far in doing exactly that. And while yes, the reasoning was there, Kiada drifts back toward the storage to collect the writing supplies, returning with an arm laden of them while she starts to set up the desk, listening to Tal’s explanation. It’s true, she doesn’t know the courier, but as he elaborates Kiada’s own nose wrinkles a little and she’s thankful for the way her back is to the courier while she places quills down and organizes the ink pots. “Fae or Mer didn’t have the same… History, I suppose. I was captured by the Fae a long while ago.” And that had been standard, normal. Nobody looked at the Fae differently for protecting what was theirs.

It was just assumed and she had trespassed. And been sacrificed to their Tulminhar.

Either way, she draws silent again, setting paper down and listening. Maea chimes in and the harpy does glance her way with agreement blooming across her face, even as her jaw is set a little tight at the understanding. And Tal starts to grow a little bit more personal and Kiada turns now that she’s finished up setting up the writing instruments, tilting her head as her iceberg gaze focuses on the courier, her hip pressing against the desk. “The war is over, yes, but we had to sacrifice so much in order to be here. I’m sure we both understand what’s at stake with the new threat, but, back then?” She takes a deep breath and huffs out a small sigh. “Voice shrines, which sustained us, were getting destroyed all over the place. I had to abandon my home in Halo because I couldn’t trust anyone but my father and knew he couldn’t save me from the hatred either.” It’s easier to just say father than it is to over elaborate, especially while she has a point she’s trying to make.

Gesturing toward Maea, she continues. “Look, all I’m saying is that the Grounds isn’t exactly the ideal destination spot. We ended up back here because it’s safe and what we know. It’s full of people that have suffered and died and been reborn only to suffer again, before we carved out this space once again. You'll have to forgive me for being protective of it.” The space had been carved out for them by Dantalion, thankfully. And while the Maverick hadn’t died as far as she was aware, the courier was standing here talking to two women who had done the very same thing. Been normal, attuned and abandoned, died and returned as Ascended, hid away during the war to try and survive it, only to become something else that people weren’t too sure about either.

I won’t say I didn’t give enough to help the gods. I literally died trying to save Tanau.” She shrugs casually as if she hadn’t just dropped that large bomb. “I just want to be sure that it’s not the start of something that will try to kill me again.” Unfortunately, half of Kiada’s life spent on Caido was spent being hunted to a degree. “Ultimately though, I'd say it's Dantalion's opinion that matters most. I'm just... Wary.

Kiada finishes up her task!
kiada
and you wonder why he lets you, the butcher ///
touch him, the sun ///
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
Ashes and dust - by Maea - 02-25-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Kiada - 02-25-2024, 06:47 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Talyson - 02-26-2024, 03:36 AM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Maea - 02-26-2024, 12:07 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Talyson - 02-26-2024, 11:01 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Kiada - 03-02-2024, 08:33 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Maea - 03-05-2024, 10:09 PM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Talyson - 03-06-2024, 12:37 AM
RE: Ashes and dust - by Kiada - 03-06-2024, 08:30 PM