Secret Keeper
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe listened with rapt attention as Remi describe what this would all involve. An interview? Games? This seemed a very over the top thing for someone as simple as her! But...it did sound a little fun. Maybe. "What sort of games?" she asked. She was relying on his experience and insight, which she lacked. Of course, this was made worse by how terribly, innocently oblivious she was.

Has asked after men that had caught her attention, making her brow furrow as she thought. But her cheeks turned a pale shade of pink as one immediately came to mind. "Well...I've always thought that old Overseer Koel was very handsome and nice...but I think he only barely knows I exist." she said with a little frown. Koel was really what she had always thought of as an ideal husband coming from the background she did. Handsome, hard working, a government job (not that that really mattered now but she still gave him credit for it). But he certainly had better prospects than her.

She tried to think of anyone else. "Oh and...well there was this very handsome fellow who I ran into...or he actually ran into me on accident. He had the same accent as you or something close...I think his name was Bastien?" Phoebe pressed her hands to her cheeks as the blush deepened. "But he is much too handsome I don't think I could speak without stuttering all the time."

So yes. She could pick out people she found attractive but had absolutely no confidence in her ability to have them. She was only partially helpless.

Remi
Phoebe
In a gentle way, you can shake the world
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359

Grinning, Remi shrugged. "Imagine you were holding a large hoop. Now imagine I asked you to join hands with someone else, and move the hoop from your left hand, to their right hand. It would have to go over both of your bodies. This would test your communication skills and would force you to be ...ahh..close." Grinning at how silly it all sounded, Remi shrugged again. "Things like that. It is meant to be fun with no pressure, but also hints at what compatibility you might have."

Koel? That was certainly an interesting pick. The alchemist had never thought of the Overseer in that way, but he supposed that he was rather handsome. And certainly kind, if not incredibly overworked and stressed out all the time. Remi was certain the Overseer had come over with the rest of them, but since the initial few days he'd been relatively scarce. That wasn't terribly surprising though; Koel had all but experienced a mental breakdown and had to be hauled back to civilization just before they all arrived here. And as a scout he probably thought he had better things to do than setting up shop in the Settlement as Remi had.

"I will definitely add Koel to the list." Remi said with a non-judgmental smile. Actually Koel probably would be quite a perfect candidate. Remi had no idea what the man's preferences were when it came to women, but he'd soon find out.

At the mention of Bastien, Remi grinned and nodded. "We do sound alike." He agreed with a nod, his grin widening as she mentioned that she found him handsome. "If you let him, I am sure he would do most of the talking for you." Remi chuckled. "Has Bastien mentioned his...ah...church to you?" Given that the man had openly spoken of orgies to please Safrin, Remi couldn't quite say if that would be a help or a hindrance for what Phoebe was after.

REMI
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips, faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard and drown me in love
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
At first, Phoebe thought that task sounded fun. Straight forward, fun, but she didn’t see why it would help her find a boyfriend. Then Remi mentioned the close physical proximity and Phoebe’s cheeks turned pale pink. ”Why do I get the feeling that you would find ways to make me embarrassed just for your own amusement?” she said, still blushing but with a little smirk. He could decide they all needed to go find a hot spring or something for all she knew. While that did sound lovely, if she was in it with a man she would turn into a puddle and drown from embarrassment. Well, not embarrassment per say. Meekness and insecurity.

Her cheeks reddened again when he said Koel would be on the list. She wasn’t sure why but it made her heart race a little bit. He would probably say no though. He likely didn’t even know who she was, and if so only barely. ”His church? No I don’t think so…I thought he worked at the Rathskeller.” she said at his mention of Bastien’s work. It made her a bit suspicious though. ”Why? Is it bad?”

Remi
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The alchemist tittered and shook his head gently. "I wouldn't. Though—" Half-closing one eye he nodded towards the pale flush that had once again coloured her cheeks. "I cannot guarantee that you will not be embarrassed." Given her overall sort of demeanor Remi could see the midwife being a good sport about the whole thing, but also being entirely overwhelmed by it. That was understandable and, he still thought that the old fashioned way was the best way of finding herself a suitable partner, but on the sort of timeline that she was after, the alchemist couldn't think of another way.

"Not..bad." Remi clarified cautiously, nibbling his lip and trying to best thing of how to describe what it was Bastien was trying to create. "He met one of the gods here...Safrin I believe he called her. I think the world he comes from worships in different ways. I uhm...think sex is probably one of those ways of worship." Remi said finally, scrunching one eye closed and looking bashful.

REMI
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips, faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe smiled a little. ”It’s wise to not guarantee that.” she said with a light laugh. She was easily embarrassed so it was a guarantee he couldn’t really make. A thought struck her then. They had done so much talking about finding her a someone…they hadn’t said anything about who Remi had been interested in. Certainly to have that taken away…that had to be causing some problems. Now she felt guilty for not investigating it further. ”I’ve been really selfish though…how are things with…whoever you are seeing?” she asked, innocently, with genuine concern.

Certainly whoever it was didn’t just leave him over this punishment. That would be cruel and she simply couldn’t imagine why anyone would be cruel to someone like Remi. Especially if they were close enough to him to be in a relationship with him.

He expounded on Bastien’s church and she nodded a little. ”Oh, that.” she said with a sigh. It did still trouble her. She still wasn’t sure how willing everyone involved was in that. She had been hoping that Remi had something else to say about it, that he had found some redeeming quality. ”He probably isn’t a good choice then.” she said quietly.
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Ah." Remi said awkwardly, running a hand back to front through his curls and exhaling a sad sort of laugh-sigh. Closing his eyes tightly Remi thought of Loren, thought of what Frey had done, and then thought of what Edy had said. Opening his eyes again, the alchemist shrugged gently, an easy smile upon his face despite the sadness in his gaze. "As I mentioned, Frey took those feelings. I still remember that I love him and that I am in love with him, but I no longer feel as if I am. Though.." With another one of those chuckle-sighs, the alchemist shook his head. "Perhaps Frey knew what they were doing. Not only have I not seem him really since we arrived but...I learned from a member of his family that he is seeing someone." Pursing his lips together sadly, Remi looked down for a moment, tapping his fingers upon the counter before sighing silently again.

"Well from what I have heard Bastien is a man who enjoys having a purpose. And ... perhaps it is a worthy one. I know Ronin is fond of this Safrin as well. He has drawn her as Bastien has." Another shrug. "Frey seems as though they might enjoy this sort of worship as evidence by the tasks given to you and I, so perhaps it is not unreasonable to suspect the other gods might as well. I do not know, but Bastien seems learned in these areas."

REMI
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe could tell just from that little 'Ah' that she had hit on a not so good something. Certainly whoever this was was understanding of Remi's position. Certainly they were trying to help him too. Certainly they couldn't be so cold as to spurn someone who loved them but had been given a divine task to work through (albeit a difficult one).

Apparently she was wrong.

"What?!" Phoebe said, aghast. Her cheeks puffed up again as she became angry on his behalf. "Who are they? I will find them and...uhm...I don't know what yet...but they will feel bad for being a royal jerk!" she said, unfortunately coming off more cute than intimidating. "How could someone be so callous, you're so nice! And you're smart and talented and handsome! They are stupid whoever they are." Maybe Frey did know and was forcing Remi's hand to find them someone better for him.

Phoebe still wasn't sure as Remi made a case for Bastien. Her lips pulled to one side as she tried to see his point. "Maybe...but if there are different dieties, then perhaps their expectations are also different?" she said. Frey was a little extreme in their preferences so she just didn't think it wise to take what they found pleasing as a blanket for everyone else...in both ways that could be misconstrued she supposed.

Oh gods, had she just almost made a sex joke in her own head? This Frey quest was really messing with her mind...and other - STOP! Oh, Phoebe.
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

For a moment the alchemist merely regarded the midwife. He felt in a strange position, as if it wasn't quite his place to say who it was he was in love with. Loren had been a duke after all, and though Remi hadn't been Loren's first, that didn't mean that he was any more out with regard to his sexuality than Remi was.

Still...perhaps rather bitterly, Remi thought it probably couldn't hurt now to say something. And even if it could, it wasn't as though Loren was around anyways. For all his anger and hurt though—the only feelings Frey had really left him with—he couldn't bring himself to say Loren's name. "He was the old librarian in Northaven.." Remi chuckled at the list of adjectives Phoebe used to describe him. Truthfully he didn't know what Loren saw in him at all, though apparently whatever it was, it hadn't been enough to hold the duke's interest and attention.

"Could be." Remi agreed thoughtfully. "I do know that Bastien's brand of worship seems to be more...tailored to him, than to Safrin. But perhaps worshiping in the way you know best is all that they expect?"

REMI
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
The old librarian in Northaven?

Phoebe’s expression went blank as she tried to put a name or even a face with that description. But all she could think was, ’There was a library in Northaven?’. No matter how hard she tried she was not going to get that reference. Of course, she also hadn’t fully understood the sentence. She was thinking old as in age, rather than old as in previous occupation. Had Remi been seeing an old man? She supposed affection knew no age but she was having a hard time picturing Remi with a white haired, wrinkly old man. Or maybe he had aged well? Sometimes looks could be deceiving! ”Well if he was old then maybe he thought he was too old for you? Either way that was still mean of him and you deserve better! she said with a decisive head nod.

Even as her friend tried to defend Bastien’s church, it didn’t sit well with her. But she also didn’t know a lot about it. Maybe the man had a lot more reasons for doing what he did than either of them knew. It wasn’t fair for her to make assumptions without asking him first. ”Maybe.” she said with a sigh. Ruminating over what Bastien was or was not didn’t help her find a boyfriend though. It just made her more confused – which seemed to be the running theme of her life lately.
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

For a moment the alchemist tilted his head in a decidedly avian fashion as he tried to understand.

Loren was maybe 2 years older than he was, if that, and—

oh.

Grinning, Remi ran a hand through his curls and chuckled good naturedly. "I meant that he was the former librarian." Remi corrected, leaning his elbows on the counter and placing a hand in his palm. "Though at this point I would probably take any reason for his disappearance over no reason at all." He concluded with a shrug

"Maybe," The alchemist agreed sagely, though his expression was one of befuddled amusement. Truthfully he knew so little about the gods that he would probably be inclined to believe anything at this point.

REMI
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
It was Phoebe’s turn to stare back at him in confusion. Though, while Remi looked distinctly avian in doing so, Phoebe resembled closer to what the narrators would call a chibi character. Frankly, it was a shame this universe did not know chibi art – Phoebe would have loved its adorableness.

Anyways she did not stay cutely wide-eyed long, his explanation of what he meant by ‘old’ clicking after a moment or two. Her cheeks flushed a pale pink in embarrassment. ”Oh! Of course you did! Now I feel stupid…” she said, then started to giggle a bit. ”I was having a really hard time picturing you snuggling up with a really old man. I should’ve realized what you meant right then.” It was rather comical to envision. It wasn’t terribly uncommon for an older man to have a younger wife or girlfriend – trophy wives she had heard them called – but imagining Remi in that situation? She giggled again. With his accent and his looks, he probably could get a…oh what had she heard them called…a dessert…something…syrup? No….Sugar daddy! A sugar daddy! Remi could get a sugar daddy!

Oh Phoebe, stop thinking like that! Her cheeks turned red now for having even the gall to think that.

”Well…if there is anything I can do to help you at all, just say the word, okay?” she said with a bright smile. He was going to be going out of his way to help her after all! It was the least she could do to offer whatever help he might need.
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi grinned at the thought of Loren being old and haggard, though the happiness fell slowly off his face quickly as he let his mind remember what it was like to be pressed up against the Launceleyn. Still his cheeks were round with amusement though his smile held in place as he nodded. The flush to Phoebe's cheeks was adorable and delicate—quite unlike the thoughts currently rambling through her mind, not that Remi knew that.

"Well if you are ever in the library and see a blonde-haired blue eyed librarian there who looks a bit up tight, let me know." He doubted that she would though. No one had seen Loren. No one other than Edy who assured him that he was safely away in a sex cave.

Still he chuckled and rubbed at his eyes. "It seems fair after all, that if I am to find a man for you, that you try to find mine for me." He joked through splayed fingers.

REMI
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Stuffy.

A determined look crossed Phoebe’s face and her cheeks puffed a little bit – something she seemed to do without thinking when she got herself worked up. ”Will do!” she said with a curt little nod. Remi could count on her to make Loren’s existence known loud and clear if she ever happened upon him. Heck, she might even try to drag him back to Remi’s shop if she found him by his ear like her mom used to do when her brother got in trouble.

At Remi’s words, a thought crossed her mind. The young midwife perked up, a big smile curving her lips. It was as if sunlight itself had become incarnate. ”But that is a wonderful idea, Remi!! she said, voice going up an octave. Phoebe bounced on her toes and pressed her hands to the counter, unable to contain her pure delight at the notion. ”What if we made this…matchmakey thing…for both of us?!” They both needed to find passion – albeit likely in different forms. Why not accomplish two things at once?!
Phoebe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi's eyes widened immediately and he leaned back slightly, removing his elbows from the counter and crossing them gently across his chest. Swallowing he gave the midwife a sheepish shake of his head. "As much I as I appreciate that ... I do not think I am..." —ready. But it sounded so horribly cliche to say. Still, even the thought of being with someone else made something clench inside Remi's stomach, like ice water had been poured through his veins and he had no where to get away from himself to stay warm.

"I think we should just focus on you for now." He said with a sad sort of smile, head tilted slightly to the side.

REMI