Top of the World
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Remi glanced almost desperately over at Ronin, as if expecting a side effect of his hangover to suddenly be a miraculous solution to this problem. "I never know with Loren." He admitted with a chuckle, wishing that he would feel that familiar thrill of adoration for the Launceleyn, but of course feeling nothing at all. "Don't know where he is, don't know how he feels." With an exasperated but not angry sigh, Remi leaned his head back against the railing. He loved all of Loren's Lorenisms implicitly. That didn't mean dealing with the man was any less difficult though.

With a sideways twist of his lips, Remi looked over and nodded appreciation at Ronin's squeeze. "And Safrin? Might she...? I feel a fool for even thinking of going to another god after what has happened but..."

R E M I
I followed your ashes into outer space

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
Ronin snorted softly and let his hand drop away to rest in his lap. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes, as if that would help to stop the world from seeming so harsh and bright. It might help the pounding in his head as well. "That sounds about right for Loren," he agreed wholeheartedly, though he couldn't really think of anything else that Remi might do to begin to feel better. Until he mentioned Safrin, of course - Ronin had forgotten about that, and he smiled softly as he thought of the lady with the starlight in her eyes.

"She might," he said. "I can't say more than that, because I don't know. But... would you like me to petition to speak with her again? I mean... last time I didn't ask, and I already owe her so much for her help, but... perhaps I could visit the Glade again, and see...?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Again that weird feeling of having shared a sexual partner came over the alchemist - though just now it clicked in his mind that it implied Ronin wasn't completely straight. Running his hands up his stubbly-cheeks to his eyes, Remi leaned into the pressure and groaned slightly. This was all so weird and though he should probably feel weirder about it, he actually didn't. If anything he felt even more comfortable propped up next to the former-baron for knowing this information. Then again, he hadn't started to imagine what things might have been like between Ronin and Loren; no doubt that would ruin a bit of the comfort.

Luckily Remi wasn't there yet. His head hurt far too much.

Remi looked nervously over at his friend and bit his lip. "And what if she becomes angry with you? You said she is getting you a weapon? That means you do not have it yet?" Frowning, the alchemist shook his head. "I cannot jeopardize our chances of defeating the creature simply for my own selfishness. And even after...you have Vanya and your child to think of."

R E M I

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ronin
The idea of Safrin becoming angry with him hadn't even occurred to Ronin, and he opened his mouth to start to say she wouldn't - but honestly, did he even know? The hunter rubbed at his chin and sighed, blinking open his eyes to glance at Remi again. "Not yet," he said of the weapon. "She said I would have it when I next faced the creature." Providing he kept telling people about her, which was an easy thing to do in retrospect.

Ruffling his hands through his dark hair, Ronin shrugged helplessly. "I'm afraid I am out of ideas," he confessed, glancing up, too, at the mention of Vanya. He should go and climb into bed with her, both to sleep off his hangover and to lose himself in her warmth for a while. Something he knew Remi wouldn't be able to do, either because Loren wasn't around or because he couldn't feel it. "Fuck," the former-captain said helpfully, then haltingly dragged himself to his feet.

"Let me think on it, okay?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Glancing unhappily at Ronin, Remi narrowed his eyes. He hadn't been there the first time he and Koel and Ashe and Roana had fought the creature, and though he wasn't nearly as strong as they were, he hoped to be there the second. "Are you planning to go ...soon?" Remi asked hesitantly. The hunter had said he wanted to clear the danger so that no one would get hurt, but having learned absolutely nothing about the beast from the locals or from studying the surroundings, Remi couldn't help but feel they weren't prepared. Then again, he hadn't been promised a weapon by a god.

Watching as Ronin stood, Remi felt a pang in his chest. He could still feel loneliness it seemed even if being with Loren wouldn't actually fill that void currently, still the chasm inside was wide and dark. There was a woman sleeping somewhere in this place, budding with life and (presumably) blooming with love for the hunter, and he for her.

And Remi? He'd apparently overstayed his welcome.

With a grin, the alchemist reached up to grip the railing and haul himself to his feet as well. Glancing up at the rafters, Remi grinned. "I'll put in an order of stars for you."

R E M I

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
"...I don't know," Ronin confessed with a frown that he directed down at the ground. He wanted that thing gone, truthfully. He wanted it gone and he wanted it out of the way of his family... but he remembered how close he had been to losing his life the last time. Roana, too. And weapon or no weapon, he didn't think he was ready yet either. Besides, he wanted - and needed - to be there for Vanya. "Not until after the baby is born, I hope." But then again he might not have a damned choice.

Ronin followed Remi's gaze up to the rafters, a similar grin flashing across his face. "And I'll pay them for you handsomely. You'll have to go watching these skies, though, for new constellations." He winked, pausing for a moment before stepping forward to pull the other man into a hug. "We'll fix this, okay?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"After?" Remi exclaimed, sounding a good deal more skeptical than he meant to. Blinking away the incredulity in his voice as if softening his expression would help, Remi cleared his throat. Gay as he was, perhaps babies were not truly his forte but it did take a good amount of time to create them. And he'd seen Vanya only a few weeks prior. She couldn't be that far along. Which meant Ronin was suggesting waiting months. "As brawny as we know you are-" The alchemist said with a cheeky grin that resolved into a concerned look, "-now that you've got a family to think about, perhaps you should sit this one out?"

The mention of constellations on the ceiling made Remi think of Ianto and his heart gave another painful lurch. Before he could properly squash the emotion himself, Ronin had drawn him into a sudden but not unwelcome embrace. Stiff for a moment, the alchemist relaxed and wrapped his arms around Ronin's shoulders and physically sighed. "If you say so." He murmured, not meaning to be melancholy or unnecessarily pessimistic, but feeling unable to do otherwise.

R E M I

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
"Is that not... is that too late?" Ronin looked suddenly concerned, like the Spire Demon might be prowling around outside at any moment. "I just thought it would give us enough time to find out as much as we could... catch it off guard, make sure we have weapons and armour set up, and other tools..." He sighed.

Remi was right, obviously - they might get all that together and the baby might still not be here. But at the idea of sitting it out entirely, the hunter stiffened. "No," he said, more sharply than intended, before he caught himself and smiled apologetically.

"Safrin said she would give me something to help defeat this thing. If I don't give us that chance what will happen?" He shrugged. "I can't not be there."

Giving Remi a gentle squeeze, Ronin stepped back to nod to him. "I do say so," he told him firmly. "Trust me."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Exhaling a held breath, Remi shrugged unhelpfully. "You are the captain." He offered with a twist of his lips. Far be it for Remi to council on strategy or battle preparations (though that seemed dangerously like what he was doing), it just seemed so...late. Especially given how adamant Ronin had been about keeping everyone safe the night before. "Of course. That makes sense." Remi chirped brightly. "Perhaps then we could erect some sort of barrier? Or ... at least let everyone know to keep away? I am sure I am not the only one who was tempted to go near."

Recoiling if only slightly, Remi softened as Ronin smiled. The alchemist didn't really think Ronin would go for that anyways, god or no.

"I do trust you. And thank you for..." Making a twirling gesture with his hand to indicate last night, Remi grinned. "I guess I have a librarian to track down. And a...what did you call it?"

R E M I

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
Ronin actually pouted at Remi as he called him the captain, arching an eyebrow at him in a decidedly blueblooded gesture before he shook it away. "It would be good," he agreed, "to find a way to keep everyone as far away from that Spire as they can... and that includes you." He nudged Remi lightly and smirked, remembering all too well how tempted the alchemist had been, sketching away at the bastard thing from much too close in his opinion.

"No need to thank me. If you need me you know where to find me. You helped me out when I got stabbed, for crying out loud. Think that makes us pretty firm friends." Winking, Ronin shuffled to the door of the guildhall and braced himself for the light as he opened it for Remi. "An Atheneum," he said, much more clearly today. "Best of luck. Tell Loren to buck his ideas up from me, yeah?"

After bidding farewell to the other man, Ronin clicked the doors shut once more and wasted no further time. The rest of the morning would find him draped around his woman, and the only monster to fight would be his hangover.

{END THREAD}