In time you'll find, I've got baggage too
Sunjata <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
give me shelter, or show me heart
There was a tightness in his voice she wasn't used to. A cadence to his breath that was unfamiliar, and she didn't know what it meant. Just heard him keep taking the blame onto himself, again, and when she glanced up, he was staring into the ceiling. Not looking at her, not reaching for her.

She swallowed. Hugged her knees tighter. "You were just trying to get us out of there. Drive the sharks away." A quiet protest, refusing to accept what he was saying. "Just because I stupidly cut myself with a knife, like I'd never held one before..." And there was a tone of disgust in her voice at that. Contempt, even, that she hadn't even managed such a simple task as opening a clam without making a mess. "I'm sorry. If I'd been more careful..."

Maea couldn't hear it. Didn't realize she was repeating the same words as him, the same destructive line of thinking. It had been a while since she felt the tug of her own darkness, but there it was. Perhaps a lifetime of living with it did not wash away in a season. Rivers or no.
watch me fall apart
and I'll be yours to keep
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: In time you'll find, I've got baggage too - by Maea - 02-25-2020, 07:11 AM