the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
His words came slow, a question to answer a question. And she felt like he put some great weight on her, because suddenly it was she who was leaving. No doubt she could find excuses to linger here, to drag her feet in the Grounds and suffocate behind the memory of cage bars, but... that would only prolong the inevitable. And with every day she stayed, this would only grow harder. For the both of them.

If this hadn't happened... she would have gone back in another day. Pushed herself to catch up on the work she had left behind to spend time with him. But now? She would welcome the distraction of heavy books and rigorous training. To keep herself from falling apart. Because this parting wouldn't be like the others. There were too many unknowns now, so many questions he couldn't answer yet.

He nuzzled her shoulder; the scrape of his stubbled jaw sent goosebumps flaring over her skin. How could he be so strong? Maea felt like she might crumble at any moment.

"I think... the sooner, the better," she said reluctantly, her voice thick, but.. surprisingly steady. Knowing it wasn't a lie, but it felt... it felt like one. "I'll... probably only be back at the Grounds briefely. For the festival... unless you need me for something." She'd had certain plans revolving around him for the second week of the season, but... Maea wasn't sure what to do about them now.

"Write to me?" she asked. "We can send them through Loren, if you don't want to risk... making connections between us. For Zariah to see."
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe - by Maea - 03-03-2020, 06:32 AM