the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
The safe topic turned into a not so safe one, as he reminded her that the bar in Halo was just another cover for the Advocates. More shady stuff, with people she didn't know and for ends she didn't quite understand. The opening of portals and gathering information for them, sure, but... smuggling? Stealing, underhanded deals and all the other things he hadn't actually told her about... it was a door poked open into a shadow world Maea wasn't sure she quite wanted to enter, and yet stood on the threshold of, being with Sunjata.

And now... was that an invitation to come take a closer look at the uglier side of night? Or just to come play with him, whenever he had time for her?

And yet it wasn't the idea that she would be welcome, given shelter by liars and thieves, that made her stop. It was the way he covered something up with his wink and his grin, the way he kept inviting her in despite pulling away, pushing her back.  

She dropped his hand quite suddenly and stopped. Dragged her fingers through the hair - or tried to, before remembering that he had braided it, trapped her white silk in neat coils. Very pretty, but not conductive to relieve stress from a chest that felt tight with... frustration.

"Sunjata, this... I'm confused," she admitted, something strained in the way her chest heaved, as she turned towards him. Like it was bordering on becoming too much, all of it. "You say you need time and space to think, and yet here we are, making more plans. What... what is this, what are we doing?" What are you doing? "Paint a picture for me, please, because I don't know what I'm looking at anymore."

Were they still together? Or not? Just friends? Or...

Either way, it didn't matter, Maea just needed to know. So she could get used to whatever this new rulebook said.
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe - by Maea - 03-04-2020, 03:17 AM