the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
when the world turns upside down, you should blame it on me
She said she’d wanted him to not hold back – and now she’ll at least get that wish. He cuts sharp and low, prods at insecurities that he’d otherwise try to boost. But she’s ignited that flood within him, the one that keeps things deep within his mind to unleash when it benefits him, a part of him that he hates but has given into with the pushing and the shoving. That court mask crossing over his face of pretending that nothing hurts, barbs shot and aimed for the heart under the guise of smiles and playfulness.

And still she stands her ground. “And how could I show you otherwise?” He snaps back to her despite her lowered tone. “That was always the end goal with you. But the minute I flirt with someone else then you’d worry you weren’t enough.” He wonders if she notices how well she’d been read when he’d given Nate that look, the one that spurred the insecurities when they hadn’t even been together at that point.

On the subject of magic, however, Sunjata watches her. “I took the first chance I could to get out of it. But your family is gone and still you thought it was a curse.” A cold smile crosses his face as he shakes his head to her, going nowhere but around and around again in a circle of this argument, perhaps the root of it all in the end.

So he listens to the rest of her tirade, the pride of being selfish and jealous and cruel. How he’s barely been here a year and knows it all, and that smile crosses his face again cold and cutting and deep. “Oh, you’re right about that. But this? This is a breath of fresh fucking air compared to Korofi. You wouldn’t last there, deemed weak and chewed up and spat out, branded and marked and tossed aside.” There was no magic in Korofi, no gods to rely on, nothing but the strength of your bones and your sheer will. He doesn’t have to think about where that’d leave her.

But when he gets to the point of his comparison to Lusea, that’s when it gets interesting. She tells him that he runs away, predicts failure from the start. There’s a narrowing hardness of his gaze and a growl that passes his throat, watching her heave for breath. “Of course I predict failure from the start. It’s the only fucking constant thing to happen. Expect the worst and be surprised when it works out. At least that way it’s not disappointing.” He’s not sure how long his soul could come crashing down with failure after failure if he didn’t.

And she exposes herself, tells him that he’s free to leave, and he can feel the feathers shifting on his arms as he regards her, stepping forward into her space again to where they’re nearly touching. “I have treated you with nothing but respect, Maea. But fine, I get it. I really do.” He laughs to that, a cold, sharp cutting sound that reverberates in his chest. And he reaches up to grasp her jaw with his strong hands, making her look at him as he searches her gaze, but there’s nothing of himself in the storms, too far past it. “You knew my choice from the beginning, and I conceded with you to make you happy. Do not pretend that it’s unselfish of you to grant me this. But maybe when your heads clear we can talk about this again.” And he steps back from her, looking to the brush where Haai settles.

But I’m done for today. I look forward to the letter, though.” He’s not sure if it comes out as a taunt or a truth, but he turns away from her and the feathers sprout a bit more along his chest now and his shoulders and neck, hiding her marks and hiding his tattoos. “Kom ons gaan.” He tells Haai, giving Maea one last glance before he shifts into his avian form and takes to the sky, unsure of where he’s heading but sure she can find her own way to the Portal. Haai spares one last forlorn look to Maea before she spreads her iridescent wings and goes to follow him.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe - by Sunjata - 03-04-2020, 06:21 PM