cut our teeth and make our bones right here
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
we're always running scared but holding knives
Whether Isla's silence is her way of giving Remi the respect of her full attention without interruptions, or because she's too flabbergastered to respond... well, that's up for the wendigo's interpretation. But she is silent, though he'll easily be able to hear the way her pulse increases, the shiver in her breath, even the tremor in her hand as she clenches it into a fist on her lap.

"I'm sorry," she says after what feels like an eternity. "I'm sorry for getting it so wrong." Blinking quickly, she inhales a deep breath and lets it out again, before managing to return her gaze to Remi's face. "You're more than just a patient to me, it's true. It's been true for a while now. But if I choose to stand on that side of the line, then I'm compromising myself as your doctor, and as a scientist..." And worse, given the way she glances fleetingly up at the cameras.

"And there will be nobody left standing in Grimm's way," she adds in a whisper. "But you're right, and the way I've been acting has been very unfair to you. I'll re-evaluate, and make sure the boundaries between us aren't crossed again." Because in a choice between being Remi's friend or protecting him against the horrors that might come without her interference, she knows what she has to do.
Isla

Messages In This Thread
RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - by Isla - 07-28-2023, 06:17 PM