girlbossing
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ISLA

"I mean... what do I do? Ask Ludo to give him his memories back?" Isla laughs humourlessly. "If Remi had wanted to remember me, he would have found a way." That's the conclusion she's come to, anyway. "He'd have written himself something, or he'd have left some stupid riddle for himself to follow, but he'd have done it. The fact that he hasn't is..." Her eyes harden somewhat, then, the Remedy chasing a drop of condensation down her empty glass with her fingertips.

"It isn't my wrong to right," she mutters eventually, which is exactly as nihilistic as it sounds, but there's only so much battering a person can take. And Isla thinks she's bruised enough for the three lifetimes she's led so far. "But thank you, for what it's worth. I guess I'll just have to see what happens, from here." It's not like she'll struggle to settle anywhere she goes. Doctors are always in high demand, after all.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

"Why not? It isn't like you're a danger to him now." Flora says with a breezy shrug, and just as she's about to argue that Remi really wasn't in a place to want to remember the Remedy, Isla goes and says something that plants a wonderfully mischievous idea in the back of her mind. Think The Parent Trap but Caido style, and with more drama. "Yeah, you're right..." She agrees, nodding. Maybe Remi hadn't left himself a stupid riddle, but maybe someone else could do precisely that. Especially with all the details Isla had just given her, the Doubletake thought she could absolutely design something up for her father.

"Well, regardless of all that, I hope we can still be friends." Flora murmurs, and though there's enough wine in her system now to give her cheeks some more colour, her voice is a touch shy. "Like, I know that's a lot of complicated history, and now if my mom and Sunjata..." Grimacing and looking down, Flora tilts her head back and forth so she wouldn't have to say the words. "But I do think you're really cool." She concludes lamely, her aqua stare flashing up and across the table for a moment before a rather sheepish smile twists her lips and threatens to dimple one cheek.
damn they don't make them like this anymore
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ISLA

Because I don't want to be as desperate as I feel, is the blunt truth of it, but Isla merely shakes her head in response. It's a balm when Flora finally seems to agree with her and drops the subject (or so she thinks), the Remedy slowly forcing her shoulders to relax and reaching out to finish the last of the sushi. Smiling once their plates and glasses are empty (and feeling more than a little warm and fuzzy herself), Isla nods across to the Doubletake.

"Of course we can," she says. "But you own The Hanged Man now - you set the bar for cool, so you don't have to pity us mortals about it." The jest comes surprisingly easily, though it's lucky that Isla drops her gaze just as Flora looks up, because her father's dimples are the last thing she needs to see right now.

"Another?" she asks of their drinks, before happily settling in for late afternoon cocktails and gossip that's (hopefully) easier on the soul.

~FIN
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood