[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
I have found it is both a blessing and a curse
Busy? Jude’s calendar is pretty much adventuring, Sohalia visit, school, Sohalia visit, back to the Greatwood…but she doesn’t need to know how boring he is without her intervention. “Usually I have the house to myself, it’s no problem,” he assures with a tiny, golden smile. Harper would be out on his usual rounds of council duties and Edmund had moved out into his own apartment; frankly, Winnie’s presence was a relief for his loneliness, and Sohalia’s would be a welcome addition.

Squeezing her arm back with his own as she takes it, he exhales a shaky feeling in his lungs he hadn’t noticed entering them. Jude is intimately aware of his own weaknesses, and he is both impressed by her fortitude and foresight as she explains her staff, and regretful that he had not thought to bring a similar item. “Oh…well, maybe we fit each other perfect then, cuz I didn’t think to bring anything defensive,” he laughs self-consciously, waving his pickaxe awkwardly. It would work as a weapon in a pinch, but he agrees with her sentiment about the preservation of life. “Have you met Safrin? She’s Vi’s herald, maybe you’d like her if you feel that way.” Jude has only met Safrin and Frey, and Safrin only fleetingly, but Sohalia might find kinship in the Goddess (unaware she was already Attuned, much less to who).

Happy to go along with the path she’d chosen even without seeing it, Jude angles them left - keeping her arm tucked in his - and kicks a few loose stones. “What are you going to do with the rubies if we find them?”
to feel everything so deeply and insistently
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face - by Jude - 05-10-2023, 09:07 PM