[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
I have found it is both a blessing and a curse
The favor is definitely returned considering they're of a similar build, and Jude stumbles with a laugh, allowing Sohalia to reel him back in by their connected arms to get his feet back under him. If she's embarrassed, she doesn't need to be - Jude's cheeks go a bit pink, but his grin is in full force. "Me neither! We wouldn't have to worry about skyship waits to tell each other all the important news." Because he would still aim to see her in person as much as possible, but the communication devices would make talking so much easier.

Whether sympathetic or oblivious, Jude goes along with her distraction easily. "Oh, sure you can! My dad has talked about doing it for ages, but he never does. Makes it easier to bond with things like dragons and seer cats." Venturing into dragon territory just for the small chance of finding an abandoned hatchling wasn't something Jude could see any sane person doing.

Standing back and politely watching as Sohalia took the pickaxe, Jude smothers his smile at her tentative nature so that he wouldn't hurt her feelings if she happened to glance at him. Her embarrassment is a good motivator when the strike is unsuccessful - killing any remnants of amusement to make room for distracting her away from it. Holding out his hand for the tool, Jude gives her an encouraging smile. "Sure, I'll try. Though I've got arms like overboiled noodles," he jokes, hoping to put a smile back on her face as he gets into position. It's true that he's not much built for strength though which makes doing his own swing a daunting prospect. Still, his best friend is counting on him! So Jude tries not to think about hurting the rubies, and tries to aim decently while using all of his might to bring the pickaxe down.

A good chunk is taken out, all of it dirt it appears, and Jude barely bites back a sigh of relief. His hands sting, but the success is worth it. "Should we try pulling on the rubies between hits?" That way they'd both have jobs to do, and he wouldn't feel so self-conscious with her watching him. It makes him feel rather sympathetic for her having done it first.
to feel everything so deeply and insistently
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face - by Jude - 05-23-2023, 04:56 AM