sad eyes on happy faces
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

take your medicine

"I mean this in the kindest way, Sunjata, but nerdy isn't the first word I think of when you talk about your upbringing," Isla says in her defence. Dark, traumatic, maybe even intense if she's trying to be nice, but the Flood hasn't exactly lived a sheltered life, no matter how geeky he might be at heart. "But if that's really the case, I'll make sure I treat you appropriately moving forward."

Quite what that means is a mystery in itself, given that Isla can't rightly be said to be any different. Maybe she'll just start writing interesting factoids on little notes for him to find. "Mm, it was safe there, until I found it," she corrects, purposely choosing not to expand on that purely in the hope that he'll go checking under the bed to make sure it's all in order.

"Hey, you may as well have one. Gotta take any chance to be happy these days, right?" she says of the dragon's nest (and likely a lot of other things, too), stepping into the hustle of the House of Midnight and doing her best to look as though they've been out intentionally, though her bloody dress and puffy eyes likely give it all away.

"I don't know about you, but I really need a drink."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
There’s a hum of agreement that slips from him. His upbringing had been quite dark and terrible precisely because he was a nerdy, quiet child. “My father did his best to try and get it out of me.” He shrugs, bypassing the trauma as if it were nothing but casual talk. Which, to him it is, despite the attempts to help him realize that what had happened to him was fucked up.

Despite her next sentence being a jest, Sunjata stiffens, giving her a sidelong look with the raise of his scarred eyebrow, playing it off despite the fact he’s certainly going to check when they go upstairs. It’s a thought he lets slide as she mentions needing a drink. He, for once, doesn’t feel the need to go all out but that doesn’t mean he won’t join her and get something to sip on.

Any little bit, right? Might be fun, actually.” He agrees to her prior comment, tucking the books under his arm a little tighter as he follows her toward the bar, patrons watching them as he takes a seat and flashes a smile to the man behind the counter. He orders something simple, a little whiskey drink to sip on, before his head tilts toward Isla to see what she might want to drink.
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Joke's on him, huh?" Isla says of Sunjata's father and his (evidently still) nerdy son, baring her teeth in a grin as they head to the bar. The House is in full swing, as it ought to be with the sun dipping down, and Isla is glad of the relative bustle of the crowd, because it means less people might be looking at them.

Or, well. Perhaps that would be the case were they not the proprietors of the establishment and if Sunjata didn't look quite so obviously like Sunjata. Either way, it's with a mischievous smile in his direction - maybe she'll move a few things just for fun, now - that the Remedy seats herself at the bar. "We're starting to become regulars here," she warns him, only half joking; these seats do certainly seem reserved for them most night.

Sunjata orders whiskey to sip and Isla gets the same liquor, but in two straight shots, and she shoots them back without a thought before chasing it up with something a little slower but no less potent. "I don't plan on being a mess," she says, almost by way of an apology to the Flood. "I just... need to take the edge off today, you know?"

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Yeah.” Sunjata snorts, moving through the crowd, nodding to those that recognize him as they take their seats and makes their orders. He snorts again at her comment, flashing her a lopsided smirk. “Well, we do own it. Might be odd if the owners didn’t even partake in it.” What’s good enough for their patrons were good enough for them, in Sunjata’s opinion. It also helped he didn’t really have to pay for these either which certainly helps.

The glass comes and Sunjata sips from it lightly as Isla downs her shots, and he cradles the rocks glass in his lightning scarred hand as he tucks the books into his lap, holding them there with an elbow. He does cast a look of surprise to her as he takes another sip and shrugs his shoulders. “You can be as much of a mess as you want. I’ll take care of you.” He offers, because he certainly had been a mess after the party. It doesn’t bother him in the slightest.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"You say that, but we don't exactly partake in the other aspects, do we?" Isla points out. She hasn't anyway, not that they haven't managed to hire some very alluring ladies and gentlemen of the night to work the House's rooms. Sliding her empty shot glasses back across the bar, Isla decides against any more of them, instead sipping at the cocktail she'd ordered - it takes a lot of the bite of the whiskey away, for which she's thankful.

"Sunjata," she scolds softly, smiling into her drink and pretending the heat in her cheeks is from the alcohol instead of his words. "Thanks." She knows it's what they've agreed to be for one another, but gods if it isn't something she very much needs to hear right now regardless. Huffing out a long sigh and trying to force the tension out of her back and shoulders, Isla swipes a lock of fair hair out of her face.

"Even so, with the way my tolerance is these days, even this much will have you carrying me up the stairs," she reminds him.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a low rumbled hum from him as he nods. He hasn’t found himself in a different room, seeking out other company despite his reputation might suggest. But it isn’t like the random guests here don’t know that, judging by those that have muttered under their breaths about how he ”keeps the good ones for himself”. The fact is that nobody really had to know, he supposes. “No, but there’s nothing saying we can’t if we want to.” He shrugs.

Maybe he’ll have another midlife crisis and decide to put himself on the board for spending the night with?

For now, he’s sound and content enough with his own decisions to flash Isla a soft smile as she says his name and proceeds to thank him, lifting the glass in a little mock toast before he sips from it.

So long as you don’t get sick I’ll consider it a win.” He winks at her, before he settles in again. He forgets that he’s got the tolerance from consistent drinking as well as being a demigod now, where things didn’t seem to affect him as much as it would everyone else.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

No, there really isn't, and Isla furrows her brow as she considers it, watching one of the patrons cross the bar and out through the doors with one of the House's finest. Thoughtfully sipping at her drink - and those thoughts are already becoming pleasantly hazed thanks to the double shot - she lets out a long sigh and shakes her head. "Nah," she murmurs. "Not for me, anyway. Don't let me stop you having fun, though." After he carries her upstairs, of course.

The reminder about her incredibly low tolerance for alcohol has her reaching across to give the Flood a playful push, but it's like trying to shove a damned statue. "Oh my gods, Jata, it was one time," she hisses, finding herself smiling despite anything else that has happened that day. "One night I hope you get sick, so you can never hear the end of it," she says, though of course as a doctor she absolutely doesn't hope that.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He doesn’t know if he wants to either, and it’s a thought that he goes back and forth on suddenly, wondering if it were a good idea that he even thought about trying to indulge in his typical reputation. He is the sex side of Frey’s demigod, after all. Perhaps he should consider it. But alas, tonight he doesn’t – perhaps it’s melancholy or something else, but there’s a certain lack of wanting to feel nothing at all for the first time in a while – probably because of Isla beside him with her easy distractions and the comfort of the warmth of her body sharing his bed, even if there wasn’t anything more to it.

I think I’m alright.” He decides, flashing her a soft smile before she pushes him and he remains stock still, barking a laugh that quiets the bar for a brief moment as they wonder what the fuck is going on. He flashes her a crooked smile and tilts his head. “I think I’m long past the days I get sick from alcohol. Because if I weren’t, it would’ve been the beach for sure.” It comes out as a playful taunting, his chin tilting up just enough to make it seem like he’s the typical face of a royal who’s won an argument they didn’t even have a stake in, all for the sake of amusement.

He takes another sip of his drink and stretches out his long legs, setting the glass down. “Besides, you’re a doctor, you’ll take care of me regardless.” It’s cocky, of course, but he’s absolutely just teasing her now.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

Isla disguises the relief she doesn't expect to feel at Sunjata's response by taking another, more measured sip of her drink, the Remedy only glancing up at his (somewhat unexpected) laughter. It's a contagious sound, and she doesn't try to hide the grin on her face as she spies the reactions of everyone else around the bar. "Careful, or you'll be getting unwanted attention no matter what your feelings about it," she warns, only to playfully scrunch her nose at the memory of the beach.

"I'm glad your demigodly constitution came through for you then, otherwise you'd have probably been sick in my hair. And I really wouldn't have ever let you live it down," she murmurs, already starting to feel a comfortably numbing warmth start to spread through her chest and along her fingertips.

His cockiness, though, has her raising her eyebrows, Isla leaning an elbow on the bar to turn and face Sunjata properly. "Is that so?" she says, mischief audible in her voice. "With that attitude, I suppose you'll be expecting special treatment too, instead of waiting for an appointment like everyone else?"

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He gets attention from anyone, anywhere he is whether he wants it or not — and whether that’s because of his height or his scars or his reputation, Sunjata can’t put a finger on it. He just knows he’s never quite hidden away whenever he wants to be. It’s part of the reason he’s glad he has his shifts, the dog as unassuming as can be helps him slip in and out of situations. It had helped when he’d needed to infiltrate things, too. But those days have long since passed.

His nose wrinkles as she mentions him getting sick in her hair, shaking his head as he sips from his drink again and snorts, having nothing to respond to it with because she’s right. He would never live it down. So instead he opts for the cockiness.

A cockiness that has his lips quirking in a crooked smirk due to the scar that has cut through some of the muscles there. “Of course. I’m a demigod and important am I not?” He lets the cockiness ooze from him, a feature that hasn’t been there in gods knew how long, but he wears it like an old coat.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Oho, we're pulling that card are we?" Isla grins to Sunjata, resisting the urge to poke him hard in the ribs only because she knows she's more likely to sprain her finger than do anything to him. "I'll have you know that I couldn't give a fig whether you're a demigod or oh so important." It's irresistible, wanting to sass at his cockiness, and Isla takes a long pause to sip at her cocktail.

"However," she concedes, "since you also happen to be my business partner and my very good friend, I suppose I can overlook all of that. Maybe." Rubbing at the bloodstain that will probably have her deciding to throw away her sundress, Isla taps her straw against the side of her glass and furrows her brow at him. "Not to ruin the hilarious banter, but I don't think I have given you a check up yet, have I?"

And normally who would really care, with the Flood being who he is, but Isla knows his history, lightning scars and memory loss and the rest, and if nothing else, she feels like Nate would want someone to make sure Jata is okay.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s a good thing Isla cuts him off, because he’s just about to ruin the mood even if he intends it to be continual banter with a ”well yeah, that’s all anyone ever looks at. How useful I am as a demigod.” But luckily his lips remain quirked in a playful smirk as he lifts the glass to his lips and watches her from over the rim.

I suppose you could overlook it.” He agrees, taking a sip and lets it burn along his tongue before he swallows it down and sets the glass down again. His head tilts as the conversation shifts a bit more somberly, though the smile remains it’s a few shades less cocky, more thoughtful.

You have not.” He agrees with a casual shrug. “I’m available whenever you’d like.” He knows it’s necessary, given his history, despite there being nothing wrong this time.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

take your medicine

"Mm, maybe tomorrow morning," Isla decides. "Or afternoon, depending on when I wake up. I'll have my people contact your people." After two shots of whiskey and a very strong cocktail, the Remedy doesn't think that giving anyone a checkup is a particularly wise idea. She'd end up trying to listen to Sunjata's pulse through his elbow or something equally as dumb.

Speaking of very strong cocktails, though, Isla is just about done with her drink, pushing the glass away and closing her eyes for a moment as if to enjoy the way her body starts to feel heavy and light at the same time. "Alright. I think I should probably head upstairs before I'm tempted to have anything else to drink," she says, slipping off the barstool.

"I think I can get up there on my own two feet as well, if you want to stay here," she offers, not wanting him to have to end his night early because of her bad time.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata snorts despite the sobering thought, nodding as he finishes off his glass. “Sounds good to me.” By her people contacting his people it’d more than likely be waking up and eating something for breakfast followed by a wanna just do it now and get it over with?

Which he doesn’t mind.

His gaze drifts back to her when she mentions that she’s sufficiently content with the drink she’s had, not wanting to overdo it. So he nods, moving to stand alongside her, tucking the books back under his arm as he nods to the bartender and looks back to Isla. “I have to figure out where to add these to my hoard, remember?” He teases, letting her lead the way through the crowd to the stairs.

After all, there wasn’t really anything for him to do down here right now. Not unless someone decided to become a problem.
SUNJATA