born of cold and winter air
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
and on to the glory at my right hand
While Ronin might have considered the same thing initially, he feels nothing awaken in his heart and soul that suggests a new connection with the tiny hatchling - not that it makes much of a difference to the Supernova. She's still alone and in need, and even without a hero complex, he'd not be able to leave her out here. For Sugar's part, she haughtily snuffles at the little creature (who is probably only about the size of Oria, thinking about it) but welcomes her nonetheless.

"Oh, gods, that's right," Ronin says with a laugh that comes out in a cloud of white, the Supernova backing up to turn and face his husband properly. "I don't know why, I just assumed you'd know all about them," he remembers. And it can't have been too bad, either, because Sugar had survived. Speaking of which, the pale dragon decides to use Remi as a perch given that Ronin is busy with a nEwBoRn, getting comfortable on his shoulder and nosing into his ear.

It's with exquisite care that Ronin slips the hatchling into his shirt pocket, her grumpy reptilian face peeping out of it at the world. "Well," he says, "I called her Sugar, and she isn't exactly sweet - no offence." He grins at his companion. "So if I call this one Spice, maybe she'll be less highly strung."
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
i don't want the world to see me,
because I don't think they'd understand
Still on Sugar's back, Oria peers over her friend's shoulder to look down at the small dragon. Too selfless a creature to feel worried that her bond with the dragon would be changed by a new addition, the spriggan merely coos a welcoming sound and waves a small tangle of wooden digits down at it.

'Ah yes, of course. Why wouldn't commoners just know all about dragons, mm?' He wonders, rolling his eyes affectionately, before adjusting his shoulder slightly for Sugar to perch on. "And still lots of things I do not know." Remi says to the dragon as she snorfles frostily against his ear.  

The Lullaby can feel Sugar shifting her weight on his shoulder like a cat that's considering lunging at something, as Ronin addresses her. Leaning his cheek against her chilly body to keep her from attacking (however deserving Ronin might be of it), Remi snorts under his breath. "Ah yes, that is exactly how that works." He agrees sarcastically, though finds the name rather adorable given his assumptions about this being Ronin's new companion.

'Well, I suppose we should find her something to eat lest she opts to take a few bites out of you.' The Lullaby says with all smugness of a man who will happily defend his right to be the only one to take bites out of the Supernova.
when everything's meant to be broken,
i just want you to know who I am
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Oh, hush. You were an artisan and had lived through monster attacks by that point. You might have known about them," Ronin objects with an amused grin, ensuring that the hatchling isn't going to fall out of his pocket before he straightens up properly, draconic wings shifting on his shoulders. "And you know it's true," he tells Sugar as she snaps at the air.

She also know she loves her anyway - which is probably one of the only reasons Ronin is still in possession of both ears. "Well obviously," he quips back at Remi's sarcasm (just like that gif you're imagining right now), the Supernova spending a brief, solemn moment laying a hand against the unmoving white shape on the ledge before nodding to his husband.

"There's ramphire in our ice box that I brought back from Torchline," he suggests. "Shall we go back and eat?" All of them, obviously.
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
"As had you." Remi points out, tilting his head imploringly to the side before grinning. "And hadn't you started the Monster Hunter's Guild by then...? Either way, I think you were just trying to find an excuse to come and talk to me." He adds with a boyishly smug tilt of his chin.

Watching Ronin extend his wings with no shortage of desire nor any attempt to hide the blood-black swirl of emotions colouring the attuned bond between them, the Lullaby licks his lips against the cold before giving his head a slow shake. "I know she is an ice dragon, but are you sure she would not want something...fresh?" Unsure about this, Remi glances at Sugar for confirmation. Either way, they'd likely not find anything easy to kill up here on the cliffs (Alpina, maybe, if they looked hard enough for them), so he too extended his wings with a lucifer-flump of feathers.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"It worked, did it not?" Ronin points out with a smug glance over his shoulder, his smile hidden by the swell of his wing but he has no doubt his husband will feel it anyway. For her part, Sugar chitters her agreement with Remi (and nibbles at the shell of his ear for good measure), causing Ronin to affectionately roll his eyes.

"Shall I take that as a hint that you would like to go hunting for something, husband?" he asks with a pulse of amusement, Ronin stepping up towards the edge of the ledge. "And that you'd possibly like me to come with you?" Because of course he's not going to say no - and fresh or frozen, he imagines the newly-named Spice isn't going to complain either way.
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Feel it he does, and while Ronin says a sombre goodbye to the large white creature, Remi bites quietly down on the thrill of lust and affection that balls in the back of his throat and tries to bleed out between his teeth. Sugar's teeth serve to snap him out of it well enough, though the Lullaby does huff a cloud of white in her direction.

"If I wanted to go hunting I would just say so." Remi replies, shifting his focus from Sugar to Ronin with a crooked smile, suddenly finding that he did want to go hunting so long as Ronin was his prey. "But she is your companion, if you want to be lazy and feed her frozen ramphire that is totally up to you." He adds, shrugging the shoulder that wasn't occupied by a dragon and raising his eyebrows suggestively.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Sugar, of course, retaliates with her own cloud of white, though hers will likely leave Remi's eyelashes and eyebrows frozen solid. Chirping to him and snapping her teeth (almost) affectionately, she takes to the air again with Oria on her back, leaving the Taliesins to be weird and violent and flirty. She'd take Spice too, if she had the space or inclination.

"A good point," Ronin concedes, able to feel the ripples of heat that tug along their Attuned bond, reeling him in like a fish on a hook. "And you know, I'm not sure she is. My companion, I mean." Smiling down at the hatchling in his pocket, Ronin shrugs. "There's no bond, anyway. It was instant, with Sugar. Not that it matters - she'll be in safe hands regardless."

But that doesn't really answer the question, so Ronin steps up beside his husband and nods in the direction of home. "Frozen ramphire for now, and then you and I will go hunting." Whether it's in the real sense of the word or a euphemism (probably both) is something they can decide later.
ronin
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Grumbling, though he'd expected nothing else from Sugar, Remi rubs his face roughly against his shoulder to dislodge the ice crystals in his eyebrows and on his lashes. Looking as though he'd been tearing up in response to Ronin's farewell of Spice's mother, it's only the darkening hues that continue to swim through the attuned bond that suggests Remi's mind has already moved on from the departed dragon.

'Oh no?' Ronin was, in virtue of both his shifts and his companion, the dragon one between the two of them, so if not Ronin, then...? "Well, it certainly is not me." He murmurs, glancing down at the puff of white in his husband's breast pocket before giving his head a little shake. On Sugar's back, Oria gives a little croon, to which Remi replies with another shake of his head. "No, not yours either." He answers gently, before giving the Supernova a look.

"I can work with that." Remi agrees, reaching out for Ronin's hand to treat the hunter to a more intimate viewing of his emotions, before letting himself plunge off the cliff for several meters before catching himself with his wings.

~FIN