If I could just have you in the light
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 32 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
George
It was difficult to tell in the dark, but George thought he saw her start slightly at the sound of his voice, and he suddenly felt as though he were intruding. Now that he was here, though, it seemed like it would be worse to try for a hasty exit - after all, she hadn't done anything wrong, and he'd hate to give the impression that she'd run him off. Still, this didn't seem like the Hotaru from the other day, and when she called him 'darling' in that come-hither voice that he recognized from when she'd charmed the bartender, his eyebrows rose a hair.

"You were the belle of the ball," he said smoothly, his lips quirking up in a crooked smile. "I think you may have half of Torchline in love with you before long." It was said in a teasing tone, but George wouldn't be surprised if it were true. She'd flitted here and there throughout the night, like a butterfly drawn to this flower and that, never staying in one place for long. Much like that day on the beach, it had been amusing to watch the eyes that followed her as she talked and danced, as though the people in attendance were drawn to her light.

At her invitation, George joined her, careful not to tread on the dress that she'd kindly moved aside for him. "I'd say the grand reopening was a success," he said. "Plenty of drinks, dancing, and good company - what's not to like?" It was not, strictly speaking, the entire truth, given that he had known all of four people at the party, including Hotaru, but she didn't need to know that his connections had been slim to none.

Messages In This Thread
If I could just have you in the light - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: If I could just have you in the light - by George - 06-03-2023, 08:52 AM