If I could just have you in the light
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 32 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
George
He swayed her back and forth, running his thumbs over the fabric at her waist as they danced to the beat of their own song. Whatever music was actually playing back at the Hanged Man, however much shouting and laughing there was at the bonfire - it all seemed to fade away, just background to this moment. He huffed a laugh at her query, smiling ruefully. He'd backed himself into a corner; he'd known only a few of the faces at the party, and trying to piece together any sordid backstories was beyond his abilities. But he'd already said it now, so he'd no choice but to reveal his hand.

"Plenty of intrigue," he said. It had seemed to be mostly the older crowd; he remembered a few shoulders tensing when certain people walked into the room, studiously avoidant gazes. "People who don't normally come together. Maybe some bad blood. Maybe past lovers." He shrugged. There was definitely something going on between many of the partygoers. Maybe it was some combination of factors that he was too far removed to see. At least his guess seemed to be somewhat correct - Hotaru had mentioned tangled, sordid histories, after all.

"But there was fun, too," he added. "Some people there for the drinks. Some for the dancing. Some for both. I think what was the most impressive was seeing the reach that Flora has, across all of Caido." He didn't know most of the people at the party, and he knew plenty of people in Torchline; it stood to reason that her guests, including Hotaru herself, had been from out of town.

Messages In This Thread
If I could just have you in the light - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 06:27 AM
RE: If I could just have you in the light - by George - 06-04-2023, 03:25 AM