To transport some wood
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Ivar Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eternum gave a nod, an intrigued expression painting his face as Deimos provided several practical applications for his lightning magic. The idea of being a beacon of light, a guide in the darkness... it appealed to him, resonated with a part of him that sought purpose.

"Starting fires, controlling storms... that's... that's really something."

His gaze wandered off into the distance as he imagined the possibilities. The words 'creating' and 'controlling' had a certain allure to them, giving a sense of power and control that Eternum had never associated with himself.

He looked back at Deimos, gratitude shining in his eyes.

"Thank you, Deimos. You've given me a lot to think about. And you've also given me a newfound motivation. I want to... no, I will get stronger. I'll work on honing my powers."

Eternum glanced at the sled Deimos had been pulling along. He felt guilty for not having offered to help earlier.

"Do you need a hand with these deliveries? I haven't exactly been pulling my weight thus far."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
“You are welcome,” and he gave half a grin, tugging the sled along, listening to it echo across the stones and snow. Halo, and himself, had always been supportive in the range of providing opportunities for strength – whether it be mentally or physically. “I also have the barracks,” for which he angled his jaw in the direction of the quarters, “that you can use.” Soldiers and warriors constantly dueling, skirmishing, honing their techniques, as well as any number of targets, weight systems, and the climbing wall, merely for starters.

Rumbling further down the land, Deimos arched his brow at the offer, not having even bothered to consider before – well versed in simply doing multitudes on his own. “If you would like.” Holding out the sheet of paper, in order of which houses were next on the list, he pointed to the next one down. “While I get this, you can head here,” since it was quite close, only two houses further.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eternum took a moment to absorb Deimos' words, his gaze wandering towards the barracks as the man pointed them out. There was definitely fear within him at the thought of close-quarter combat, but he pushed it away, replacing it with resolve. If he was going to get stronger, he'd have to face these fears head-on.

"Thanks, I'll definitely consider it."

As Deimos extended the paper, Eternum took it, scanning the addresses quickly. He nodded, determined to be of use.

"Sure, I can do that."

With the location in mind, he made his way to the designated house, delivery in hand. He could feel the exertion tugging at his muscles as he returned to Deimos, but he did his best not to show it.

“That wasn’t so bad."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Unaware of the man’s uneasiness about potential duels and skirmishes, and because the Sword faced them head-on habitually, he offered descriptions of potentials. “If you do not prefer practicing in spars, we have quite a few targets, weights, and a climbing wall.” Figuring those were enough options for now, and leaving out the morning routine of jogging patrols, they persisted on the delivery list.

Parting ways for a moment, Deimos made his knock on the door, received his greetings, extended his own wares, and returned, arching a brow again as Eternum seemed…tired with the effort, but willing. “Only a few left, but we can go to yours next.” Considering it was on the way; and the Sword dragged the sled along once more.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum nodded at Deimos' descriptions of potential activities. Even if he could never get his lightning magic to strengthen he could at least shoot mundane weaponry from afar.

"I think I'd prefer engaging at range. I think I’ll give a bow and arrow a try."

He followed along as they continued down the path, pushing down the fatigue that was beginning to creep up on him. As Deimos suggested they go to his home next, Eternum nodded, guessing that he looked as tired as he felt. He couldn’t imagine making it all this way on his own.

"That sounds good. It's just right over there."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Nodding, unaware of Eternum’s less than enthused notions about weapons (which was too bad – Deimos always ensured a well-stocked armory and was eternally ardent and keen about such arsenals), he persisted in dragging the vessel along, pinpointing it towards Eternum’s destination. The sled continued to run and ramble easily, the runners content, and making it to the stopping point was no hassle either.

Ceasing to tug on the strand, he then meandered to the lumber contained within, arms grabbing hold of a large section. “Any place you want them?” If not, he could always drop them off on a porch or something – ready access for whenever the man required the wood.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Pausing at Deimos's query, Eternum surveyed his surroundings before gesturing towards the door of his small abode.

"Right by the door would be perfect."

He took a step towards the bundle of wood, rolling up his sleeves as he prepared to lend a hand. As they moved the wood together, Eternum found himself appreciating the other man's company. He was quiet, but there was a reassuring calmness about him.

"Care for a drink or a snack? You're welcome to come in. Unless you need to get back to deliveries, of course."

His invitation was one without any sense of obligation.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Amiable and agreeable to the placement, he followed the accord and directions, gently dropping them beside the door for ready access.

He didn’t expect the next inquiry – and the primordial, habitual reserve began to take over. It would be very easy to opt out and refuse the kind gesture, for he certainly had enough to do, but as leader, he needed to consistently expand his horizons. The Sword had his tight circle of friends, family, and loved ones, but Halo brethren were important too, just as much as everyone else. With that train of thought, and half a grin, he nodded. “How about after I deliver the rest of these?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum's smile broadened at Deimos' acceptance, a warmth spreading through his chest.

"Sounds great! I'll see you soon, then."

With a final nod to the other man, Eternum quickly retreated into his home, the cold wind nipping at his heels as he closed the door behind him. The warmth of the indoors immediately embraced him, causing him to shiver out of relief.

The first order of business was to get the fire going again. There were only embers in his fireplace but that quickly changed when he put some of the new wood in it.

Then he moved towards the kitchen, setting about to prepare a hot drink. While that was heating up his eyes scanned the room for something they could snack on.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
With those notions and motions granted, the Sword persisted onward with a casual wave, taking the sled down the road a fair way to complete the deliveries. With knocks on apertures, handshakes and smiles, and the actions from before repeated in route, he ended up returning to Eternum’s door within half an hour.

Placing the sled outside, he gestured to both his companions to stay. Both were readily spoiled – with Zuriel’s residual place at the hearth within the barracks and his own home, and Belial consistently obnoxious, but it wouldn’t be appropriate for them to maneuver their way through a stranger’s residence. The peryton gave a look of disappointment, but between bonds, the Warden promised both they could “protect” and “guard” the vessel.

Sighing, and shaking his head, he turned to rap his knuckles on the door.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
As the knock echoed through the small dwelling, Eternum straightened from where he had been setting the table. The smell of the freshly brewed tea and jerky filled the room, making it feel warmer somehow. Walking over to the door, he pulled it open, a warm smile spreading across his face as he saw Deimos.

"Welcome!"

He stepped aside to let the man in. He gestured towards the small table where two cups of steaming tea and plates of dried meat were waiting.

"I hope you like tea and jerky cause that’s about all I had."

The room was simply furnished, but clean and cozy.

"Please, make yourself at home."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The welcome caught him by surprise, but then he snorted inwardly, mostly at himself, before making his way in. “Thank you.” Out of habit, his eyes instantly went around portions of the room, quick, careful perusals of threats, of potentials, never quite capable of leaving or leading his mind away from battlefields. When nothing seemed hazardous, and his spine could yield a little, his attention went back to the crackle of the fire, and the aromas of jerky and tea.

Smiling a little, he nodded. “That is fine.” He hadn’t had any intention of imposing anyway.

Making himself at home was a different sort of notion for Deimos, considering his was adorned with armaments, and in Evie’s case, plants, amongst their maelstrom of companions, plans, maps, and books. Taking a chair, he settled himself in, curiosities beginning to form all over again. “How long have you lived in Halo?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum watched as Deimos looked around his humble abode. It wasn't much, and Eternum had never been a wealthy man. The disorganization might have seemed endearing, or perhaps it might have appeared as negligence to some, but it didn't bother him.

Grabbing a piece of the jerky, he bit into it as Deimos asked his question. He paused for a moment, thinking back on the years he had spent in Halo. It felt like a lifetime, and in many ways, it was.

“Halo is all I've ever known. I always figured… it takes money or stamina to travel and I haven’t got either of those."

He sighed. He knew the problem was largely his own because he tended to waste every bit of extra money he got.

“You get to travel much?”
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
A common occurrence it seemed lately, with Naturals becoming comfortable with the changes and alterations after the war. Those like Alys, or Sohalia, finally drifting either out of the Grounds, or spreading their wings – the Voice fallen, and their means to exploration no longer curtailed to nothingness.

Though it didn’t come without limitations, as Eternum described.

Furrowing his brow slightly, and taking a sip of his tea, he pondered possibilities. “You should be able to use the skyport.” Since it connected all the main portions, and he’d be permitted to go to each city, save for Stormbreak, without much issue.

As for his own traveling, it had slowed down since becoming Warden – the role of responsibilities and duties weighed across his shoulders. Though he and Evie had become better about setting work boundaries, it didn’t mean he always went in pursuit of traversing. “Sometimes,” and he permitted a slight smile again. “I have been trying to reach the new areas opened up, since the war.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace