[SE] Reflected stars
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"Yeah? What're y'gonna make first?" Tal asked, actively curious enough that he didn't manage to hide it as he looked over at the other man. Being able to make magical items sure seemed like it was a lot more convenient than going begging to the gods, but he'd only known of one person who could do it and... yeah, he wasn't going to dwell on those memories on such a beautiful night.

As they spoke of the goddess Tal found another constellation and smile softly to himself as he looked up at Ursur Major and its cub, but his relaxation was cut short at Sah's cackle. Rolling his eyes with a playful huff, the courier pushed a little splash of water towards the hunter with his hand. "It's a lot o' fuckin' bruises an' embarrassment, is what it is," he grumbled. "This last one--" He cut himself off and scowled down at the stars reflected in the water of the hot springs. "Anyways, it's almost over an' then I'm done with it. I should've known better." And sure, he had only himself to blame, but his bruised heart still wanted someone else to to take the credit for how spectacularly badly things had gone in Torchline.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah
The forest never sleeps and the wolf never dies
Sah hummed in thought. "I'll probably upgrade my sword a bit. I'm also planning to make Soleil something to help her on her adventures. One that'll help her stay warm or cool depending on the climate. I'd also like to eventually help her with armor or weapons." The ability to craft magical weapons was rare in Caido from what he knew. The Abandoned fully intended to use his abilities to keep his pack safe.

Watching the stars for a moment, Sah's brow furrowed at Tal's change in tone. Glancing back at his frenemy he gently pried, "What happened?" There was more than just annoyance or disappointment there. Was it grief? The Abandoned wasn't sure what it was, but he didn't like it.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal nodded and lifted his arm to let his Frostbite Cuff catch the starlight. "This's been a lifesaver, even with just the cold resistance on it," he agreed. "I'm thinkin' o' askin' Frey t'add heat resistance on it next." It was a good magical item to have, even if it wouldn't help out in a fight.

Gods willing, Sol wouldn't find herself in too many of those anyways.

Ha!

Ludo wasn't high on the courier's list of favorite gods at the moment, especially with the multiple stings of his recent tasks for the god still hurting. Not outwardly; oh, the Vest had done its job and kept him from any real physical harm, but the other ones, the embarrassing ones were still a painful sting in his chest and he had been trying not to dwell on them.

So of course Sah just had to ask. And if there'd been any of their usual teasing Tal would have huffed and changed the subject. But the hunter sounded almost... hail. He probably was concerned after all they'd been through together and Tal sighed, sinking under the water far enough to hide half his face until he ran out of breath and had to sit up again.

"There is... was... this girl," he started, reluctantly, but soon enough the words were tumbling out in a rush. "Ludo needed me t'sing, an' she ended up bein' there that night, an I'd had a lot to drink an'... I kinda... sang a song for her." A romantic little song, not at all what he'd initially intended to sing, but the blushberries that Flora had served him in vodka form might have had something to do with his sudden courage. "Anyways, turns out she actually... kinda hates me. An' it's not like I wasn't expectin' her t'turn me down but... it still hurt, y'know?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Tal's words further cemented Sah's idea for Soleil's present. If such protection had helped the courier in his many travels, it'd be worth the effort giving his wanderlust filled daughter something similar.

As the Messenger sank into the water, Sah got the feeling he was in for quite the tale. And his hunch proved true as Tal spoke. Ludo's mischief plus alcohol? That was a hell of a combo. The Abandoned let out a hiss through his teeth, "Ouch. I can imagine that'd hurt regardless of what you may have been expecting."

Emotions were weird and fickle. Even when you knew something was coming, they still acted up. "I'm sorry. If you want to have our usual alcohol-filled, forget-the world session, we can when we get home." They needed a better term for what had now become a tradition.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
If he'd thought the Wild Thunder would mock him or use his hurt against him Tal would never have admitted the sordid tale. It was only because they'd been through so much together that he gave Sah the same honesty that his frenemy had once given him, when it was the younger man's heart that had been sore and wounded. And it wasn't that his own was broken. He'd had a crush on her, sure, but he'd never really gotten to know her well enough to fall in love.

But he'd been nursing that crush for a long time, and her near-violent rejection had still done a number on him.

The unexpected suggestion drew a bark of laughter from the courier, but it was a sound of relief, self-deprecating and grateful all at once. "Hail... maybe I would," Tal admitted ruefully. "Leastwise it couldn't hurt. Might even help a bit t'get it all off my chest. Been carryin' that torch too long anyways, y'know? It was past time t'set it down." He cleared his throat gruffly, eyes on the stars above rather than risking meeting Sah's gaze and revealing just how much the offer meant. "Thanks."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah couldn't reach the other man's shoulder from where he sat so he used his water magic to gently nudge him instead. "Then we definitely need to." Raising a brow he added, "Of course, you better bring the cookies." The Abandoned had tried on multiple occasions to recreate the magic that those deserts were, but the ones that Tal brought were always superior. Tal's sister truly had a talent.

Smiling softly for a brief moment, Sah regarded his frenemy. "Always." So as not to make things awkward, the Wild Thunder then joined the other in watching the stars. "Do you have a favorite constellation? Mine's Lupus if you couldn't guess."
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal blinked a little at the unexpected nudge when Sah was so far away, but a glance down at the water revealed the little wave as it was flattening back down and his lips quirked towards a wry smile in spite of himself. "Cookies I can do. Dierdre just made some since I just got back in town." Which was definitely something in favor of not moving out of the family home, but that was a PQ consideration for another time.

The moment of brotherhood between them was brief but heartfelt, and then they were changing the subject, as was the tradition when they weren't engaged on their LongNight tradition. "Me? Mmm... probably the hawk," Tal admitted with a laugh, pointing up to it as they traded constellations late into the night.

~Fin~