[se] leaves in forests
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
To be made of thunderstorms
is to be peaceful
The Honeybee had hung around King’s End only for a short while – enough for a break away from Torchline’s reaches and needs and necessities – because sometimes the constant requirement for aid was exhausting. Rather than be fatigued, she ambled her way through Mourn and the familiar well, indifferent to its cause or concern, and leaned up against the stony surface.

In truth, she’d been hoping to hear more of her uncle’s efforts with the Refuge, and if the creepy ass lady had been thwarted inside, but with no incoming letters, she sort-of…hovered nearby. It’d be foolish to wander within while he was still testing things, and perhaps just as alarming to pop in if and when Dahlia was being cornered and questioned.

So she started tossing little fronds and petals towards Sila and Fangorn both, watching as they twirled amidst the scenery.
the honeybee
To be easily found
And easily heard
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Valkyrie

Hotaru is equally hovering, though she has no more insight into the particulars of dates and times than Melita. It is a large portion of her anxiety - never being sure when Dahlia might waltz into their midsts, when the danger might come. Being left alone with her thoughts isn't much better, but she doesn't want to be too far from Sunjata in case that moment comes and she somehow knows, or she might somehow be able to help. A laughable notion, but it comforts her to tell herself that.

It's the noise caused by Fangorn and Sila that draws her in unintentionally, and her familiarity with the two companions has her brightening and quickening her pace as soon as she recognizes them. Sure enough, the Honeybee is not far from them, and Ru emerges in a flourish of gold and orange as she jogs toward her niece. "Melita!" The Valkyrie drops the shoes hanging from her hands to run barefoot and beaming toward the redhead, arms seeking to encircle and twirl her away from where she leans against the well. "You didn't tell me you'd be in the area! Shame on you," she laughs, as open and earnest as she always is with the young woman.
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
is to be peaceful
Fangorn grabbed ahold of one frond in grumbling victory, while Sila continued to soar and persist after those remaining in the sky – enough to occupy both when Melita’s attention turned to the voice. Hotaru was a comforting figure amongst and amidst all this other nonsense, and she gave a hearty wave as the Valkyrie began jogging towards her.

“Hey,” she gave in response, before being muffled and hugged, returning the embrace with a laugh she hadn’t felt or cajoled forth in a great while. An amiable and affable nuance, even as they pulled away and leaned back against the stone. “I just wandered over, honestly.” Her shoulders shrugged, not giving away the platitude and multitudes of worries behind her eyes. “Glad to see King’s End didn’t get too mangled after all this shit,” gesturing vaguely in the direction of the port, but also the moon island quite some distance away. “How have things been?”
the honeybee
To be easily found
And easily heard
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Valkyrie

Melita’s laugh is a little muffled with how she hefts her around, and her new strength surprises her. She hadn’t been a slouch by any means prior to Frey’s blessing, but now Melita feels like a negligible weight in her arms.

Maybe it’s the brightness of a new world before her eyes, or the excitement of seeing Melita again after far too long, but even the anxiety of Sunjata’s plan and its nebulous date of fulfillment feels farther away. Ru’s hands come up to Melita’s face, righting the hair she’d disturbed and briefly cupping her cheeks in both palms with a loving smile as she lingers, taking in the Honeybee’s face and the subtle changes she can see.

“There was some flooding, but nothing too bad. The docks needed some repairs and the merchants had significant losses, but we were incredibly lucky overall.” It’s still a little strange to say ‘we’ about this new region, but her heart will always be torn halfway to Halo regardless. Linking one arm with Melita’s, Ru smiles beatifically. “Things are going very well. Sunjata and I moved into our new home not long ago, you need to visit!” While Mel isn’t any closer than when Ru had been in Halo, having a shared space for the Honeybee to visit will hopefully make seeing her much easier. “And how are things for you?”
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
is to be peaceful
Hotaru had always been a comforting impact in a world full of heartache and loss. Another iteration of a mother figure, even if she was the polar opposite of Melita’s own – the Valkyrie was family, regardless of circumstances.

If she noticed anything changed or altered however, it might’ve been Ru’s distinct happiness – and though the Honeybee knew how much pain and sorrow had been amidst those wounds caused by her uncle, she couldn’t begrudge the woman her rights to try again. Maybe things would go well this time.

She smiled in the radiance, basking, guards down and adrift here. Where she didn’t need to be immersed in vitriol or vehemence, where her knives weren’t out, where some amount of peace could be exuded in limited ventures. Even the subject matter didn’t sound as harsh, not now, after months of enduring. “That’s good.” King’s End was still new, and minimal repairs on limited hands and resources could still take some time – but at least somewhere was fortunate.

Her eyes went to the buildings in the distance. “Maybe, yeah. We could have a dinner or something.” Like the olden days – patchwork frames needing to be sewn over again. “Torchline got fucked up pretty badly, but we’ve done a lot of repairs. Skyport and docks are back and good to go.”
the honeybee
To be easily found
And easily heard
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Oh, if only Ru knew. She is careful not to tread on familial lines in the sand, all too aware of how some roles can simply never be replaced, but while Sunjata has a distinct connection to Melita the Valkyrie has never had those labels and roles to apply to herself. She loves the Honeybee, as truly and purely as she can, and it shines out of every corner of her smile and the crinkles in the corners of her eyes. And if perhaps, privately, it feels maternal...well, all the more reason to tell her to come over for dinner more often, right?

"Why not tonight, then?" There's a mischievous twinkle to her eyes, something cheeky and covetous. "You're already here after all." Why bother waiting for her next trip or adventure when the Valkyrie can lay claim to her time here and now? Tilting her head toward the collection of buildings - not the Refuge, but the slowly growing collection of personal homes beyond - Ru taps her fingers on Mel's forearm. "We can walk and talk." Even if she declines staying for dinner. "I've been helping in Torchline as much as I can, flying between here, there, and Halo. I'm glad to see the repairs are underway faster than expected." Especially the skyport, which allows larger amounts of aid to flood in from other regions. "Was there much damage to the Ark or your own skyboat?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
is to be peaceful
Never one to presume she fits in anywhere – the Honeybee is a jagged little piece of molten things – her eyes widened at the mischievous twinkle in Ru’s gaze. “Oh, I mean. I don’t see why not. As long as no one else minds.” Her stare flickered back to her companions, who ambled along behind (Fangorn with his petals, Sila along the sky), and then towards the rise of buildings, unfamiliar but comforting to know that King’s End continued to grow despite everything. It was nice to see success for her uncle, rather than blow after blow after blow.

Her head shook at the notions of the Ark or her own skyboat being thwarted. “No. They’re good to go.” She could only imagine Jack’s tears or tirade at an onslaught geared towards either. Eventually though, she didn’t have much to add other than the impulsive notions scrambling through her brain. “Any news on the Refuge testing?”
the honeybee
To be easily found
And easily heard
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Hotaru swats away Melita’s meandering worries like an errant insect, countenance as confident as her stride. “Ridiculous. Sunny will be ecstatic, and even if he dared to object, you’d be there on my invitation. If anyone minds, they can vacate the house until I have my fill of you.” Be it the Flood, a visitor, or a companion. Of course, her fill will come precisely never, and that doesn’t bother Ru in the least.

Pleased with the good news, though the reminder of Sunjata’s efforts dampens it slightly, Hotaru tilts her head consideringly. “Nothing yet. We’re on her timeline unfortunately, entirely dependent on when she chooses to visit.” Nerve-wracking to say the least, but Ru does not let it show, reluctant to drag Melita into that mire of anxiety alongside her. “But let’s not talk about all that terrible nonsense until after we’ve filled our stomachs, hm? What do you think of frittatas?” And, strolling along through the sun-bleached grass, Ru distracts the Honeybee with visions of food and all the possibilities awaiting them in her fridge.

- Fin!