Training fade to indigo
Open Training Thread!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
before bones, before dirt, before even light
this is who we were
Given how often they fought alongside one another, the Sword was acquainted with Noah’s range of incantations. Seeing as how often Deimos tested his limits, or kept them firmly under wraps, depending on who he was sparring with, the information was enough to render agreement with a firm nod.

He maneuvered outward, granting and giving space within the confines of the grounds, then watched as the Forsaken conjured his celestial arrow. Unbothered, the look of nonchalance pressed along his expression, and he in turn calculated ranges and notions, unfurling a wave of his Mastered Air. The veil of wind and intangible threads kept the armament from hitting him at all, and instead, he slung it back in Noah’s direction with a potent and powerful force.
this untamable expanse
churning proof that we have always been deep, restless souls
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
the truth is what remains
the truth is what you save from the fire
The air sent the arrow back towards Noah. A slight widening of his eyes was the only indicator of the surprise volley. Instinct took over his limbs and the celestial bow became a bat. Shifting instantly, the hunter swung the celestial arrow out of the air. It struck the ground and dissipated in a burst of bright, brilliant stars.

His muscles vibrated from the smack of celestial energy against itself. It felt as if he had struck down on the ice of the Sea of Glass with a firm metal rod. Gritting his teeth, Noah rotated the celestial bow again and this time sent two projectiles for the warden. Even if the spar was him protecting himself from his own magic, it would be time well spent.
you fight for what you love, don't matter if it hurts
you find out what it's worth and you let the rest burn
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
this is who we were
Deimos arched a brow at the reaction, but nothing more. Noah hadn’t asked for advice or instruction, so he simply waited, silent, pondering over the next rallying motions. To find it was another round of celestial arrows, now two, simply permitted him to rotate through his repertoire of incantations.

Rather than air, he employed earthen tactics this time. The ground gathered at his whim, maneuvering rock and loam and stone into his vicinity and upwards, so that the world became his own rendered shield. The armaments, blinding and celestial as they were, stuck and held fast in the cracks and crevasses, leaving Deimos free and unburdened from their tethers.

To which he sent a volley of rocks towards the Forsaken.
this untamable expanse
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah
Noah wasn't really looking for pointers. Not that he wasn't open, at his core, to the advice from the warden. He was proven in battle, in more realms than just Caido, and was a skilled mage. If anyone in the world had anything to each about magic it was Deimos. Noah was still surprised the man didn't spend much time in the Academy, but Hotaru had been a fine teacher and now Evie was an excellent teacher, too. It was probably too many plates to carry, Noah had decided long ago, and never asked the man much about it.

Earth incantations came and blocked, then assaulted. Noah's celestial bow disappeared as he dodged the rocky projectiles. One hit his hip and he sucked in a breath. That would certainly bruise, and smart later as he tried to lay on it, if he didn't heal himself. Without much indication of summoning anything, while Noah dodged and blocked the flying earth, his spirit stag charged towards Deimos' backside.

3 because i can't keep track anymore
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
this is who we were
His eyes tracked movements, keen on how Noah would dodge or counteract. Some rocks were missed and others pummeled, and the only difference in his features was the slight arch of his brow once more, waiting for the response.

Of course, it would be the spirit stag.

An inkling of light, difficult to miss despite the hour of the day, contorted from the corner of the Sword’s eye, and he snorted, summoning another icy shield around his entire entity. The deer’s horns cracked into the formation, but otherwise the slate held firm; to which he used the lower layer to swing outward, intending to slam against the Forsaken.
this untamable expanse
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
The stag smacked against the ice with only the sound of the frozen shield fragmenting. It held strong despite the stag’s assault, but it was enough for Noah to prepare. Before Deimos’ ice shield could come swinging out towards him, Noah had teleported across the field. He now stood on the opposite side, watching the stag push its mighty antlers against the ice — melting and cracking — before it dissipated like the celestial arrows in a brilliant array and wash of starlight and power.

Raising his arms, Noah aimed two more celestial arrows again, at the spot where the stag once was, hoping to break through weakness in the ice. Glacier eyes narrowed in focus as he sent his final assault — still impressed, inwardly, at how many arrows he could wield over and over. The Forsaken had yet to find a limit.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
this is who we were
Teleportation was another familiar gesture by Noah; disappearing from the swinging round of frozen wares before the cold surface could crash or take hold. So he watched again as the Forsaken reappeared, along the opposing side, also giving him enough time to survey the scene, to witness the next round of assaults and sieges.

To find it was more arrows – but unbothered, the Sword simply rallied more into the voracity of his shield. It molded and reformed, honing in on strength and preparation, determination and power, combining and contorting together until perseverance remained. Solid and composed, it took the arrows as his earthen notions had done; through vivid cracks, but no sign or threat of the celestial abyss coming or sinking through.

Thereafter, his head tilted, studying Noah through the ramparts. “Has that been enough?”
this untamable expanse
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
Noah nodded, lifting his hand. It had been enough. The training was good for him, both one on one with Deimos and against the Shields where they started. He closed in, quickly, unwilling to let Deimos slip out without having the conversation that needed to come. ”Deimos,” Noah said, glacier eyes locked in on cerulean, ”I’m sorry for snapping at you, before.” Their last conversation, he meant. As he stopped before the warden, he left his end of the bond open should the Sword come searching. Hurt, misunderstanding, it all laid there plain and open.

”I was angry at Danta for the way he acted, and I was angry at you, but it wasn’t fair the way I responded. I’m sorry for that. But Deimos — you told me to go and talk with Danta, then scolded me when he responded poorly and threw a hissy fit when I turned a mirror on his irresponsible nature.” Yes, Noah had told him he needed to be a better leader, to care about what was happening in the world. He would own that, stand on it forever. But Danta had acted on far more emotion than he had — threatening Noah in the moment, and coming to Deimos like a child over a playground dispute. ”It hurt, Dei.”
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
this is who we were
With the nod, the Sword dissipated the incantations. He would’ve walked away with that, gone to conduct the multitudes of other duties within the barracks and Halo itself, had the Forsaken not spoken again. His brow arched at the apology, and he waited, features and face otherwise inscrutable; a talent long fostered in statuesque impassivity.

But as the explanations came, it seemed Noah still wanted to parse blame elsewhere; upon Deimos himself (for what, he had yet to figure), and Danta (who had been upon the receiving end and blows of this ridiculous multitude). How many more times did he have to explain the notions? And why hadn’t Noah understood the reactions? Did he believe himself above such reproach? Because this hadn’t been the man he’d known since arriving in Halo.

Calm and composed, if a bit disheartened accountability had already resurfaced, when the man before him seemed to take none for himself, he persisted. No apology flowed from his mouth – for he owed none. “But we did not ask you to criticize and threaten another leader. I scolded you for those actions.” Maybe there was confusion from his time spent in the Grounds, but even then, he hadn’t taken on a sovereign’s role.
this untamable expanse
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
There was an authority that Noah did have, when it came concerning the Grounds. He would stand on it, Danta be damned. If he held the same charge against Torchline, he's stand before Flora and Hadama with the same matter of fact opinions. If it was King's End, then to Sunjata. So on and so forth. Vi was above all of them, above all of their customs and traditions and what Noah did was on that authority.

"I did not threaten Danta, or the Hollowed Grounds. If that was told to you, then that is a bold face lie." Noah said, and then detailed the precise words he did say to Danta, with no semblance of a threat in any of the words--

”The letters on your desk, I am sure, report the immense dangers that we don’t know the scale of.”

”It would be prudent to at least get a bearing of what the others do know, so you may protect your people from it.”

"Prudence may not be your forte, but the safety of the Hollowed Grounds should be, and if that requires some semblance of seriousness from you, so be it."

”I have no desire to sit on your council, but I also don’t want to see your region go to ruin.”

”If you don’t care about the betterment of this place, or for the greater good of your people, then I won’t seek out your assistance for future projects. I’ll send you a letter when they’re done.”

”The meteors that fell on Caido bring danger — and that is what I care about. Protection.”

”My involvement in helping the Hollowed Grounds has history before you, and will continue despite you.”

”I came here concerned about the threat that loomed now before us, Danta, that you seem to want to ignore.”

Noah scowled, hurt bursting anew across his chest. "I have learned, and I have grown. What I am expressing to you now is that you, as my friend, hurt me. Yet it seems that you don't give two shits." And Noah couldn't help but feel as if this was always Deimos -- believing himself to be right, always, no matter what. Right about everything, not caring how his actions hurt others because he could do no wrong.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
this is who we were
A long sigh threatened to build within his chest, but he remained quiet as always, listening, an ear into the foray of shared grievances. What Noah had said, what Danta had proclaimed, what had come around into the abyss and back out again – a seemingly endless reel and a headache beginning to lure in the back of his skull. What he wouldn’t give to wander back out into his office and shut the door, away from these instances that had already been taken care of, brought back to the forefront again and again; round and round, circular and cyclical, stagnant and abysmal.

But he stayed, perhaps against his better judgement, as the Forsaken offered his long dictation. And maybe it would’ve been fine – though completely out of context – save for the second to last. Calm and composed, even in the wake of Noah’s erupting feelings, he shook his head. “Likely the part of ‘and will continue despite you’, had an air of intimidation to it. You told a sovereign of a land you do not reside within what you would be doing with it.” If anyone had done the same to Noah during his reigning days, Deimos could almost ascertain it wouldn’t have gone well either.

And then the scowl, the hurt, bursting along had his jaw clenching, and the long breath scattering back into the training grounds. “It feels as though you are choosing not to listen. We have had this conversation before. You do not seem to understand or care about the impact you have.” A pause, still composed, not willing to spread sedition or cast pains, but to be done with it. “You already know Danta, and his citizens, are doing something to mitigate the threats.” So what was the point? To bully? To try and domineer? What has happened to you? he wanted to ask, but kept tucked down.

And finally, his eyes locked back on the man. “Despite your perception in my feelings, I have already gone to the Grounds and made amends. For your sake, and Halo’s." For the Sword could, and would, always strive for both. "It is unfortunate you are hurt because I must place the protection and sanctity of this land above your pride. I disapproved of your actions, because I care about you as your friend and Warden. The things you asserted in the Grounds could have been more far more serious.” Then he paused, beginning to shift, entirely done with the conversation that had sparked nothing but the frustration of moments past. “Unless your next words are to resolve this rift between us, I will take my leave.”
this untamable expanse
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
"I don't know what else there is for me to fix, Deimos. I've apologized for what I did to you."

So Noah simply stepped back. Trust, shattered. Heart, hurt. A balm mentally applied that maybe Deimos never really cared for him or trusted him the way Noah thought he did -- trust he was unwilling to display. Apologies he refused to make. Hurt he caused, unwilling to take responsibility for it.

Noah had. Noah learned -- Noah, too, stayed back from the Grounds to soothe Danta's mind. And for what? The loss of his friend, and probably the scorn of his god.

Noah scoffed, slightly, his mental voice striking again: Noah, you can't do anything right.

But maybe Deimos couldn't either.

"Congratulations, by the way." Because of course Marcus and Cordelia had told him.

FIN