Training Here comes the shock
for Edmund
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Tal surprised Edmund with his respect for Mother, and he smiled softly at his guildmate, "She certainly is, and the world is hers just the same, but the Climb is the heart of her territory. It's the true home of the Ancients. Unless I'm mistaken, Caido doesn't have a region that is so deeply connected to them solely as the Climb is to Mother. And with us Ancients populating the Grounds, it almost feels like a second home in the regard of it becoming another region tied to her." Heart, home territory. They were concepts that previously were mere words for the Ancient. But since turning, they had gained something more, a life and weight that he felt in each beat of his heart. Edmund wasn't sure if it was just him and the territoriality that had emerged after gaining his molten tiger shift or if all of his kind felt it. But it was there, nonetheless.

His smile turned into a one of contemplation, his brow furrowing slightly. "We can ask her. But Mother is...different than the other gods." The Ancient tried to articulate what he knew deep in his soul in a way that an Accepted could understand. "Mother's priorities are different. The other gods fall under Caido. Mother is Caido's equal and anti. All that they are, she is the opposite, and the way she views things is something that even I am still learning." She was a mystery to him in many ways, and he hoped to one day be allowed more of her wisdom.

The young Ancient dipped his head, his horns catching the sun for a moment, "I do not wish to displease her, and I don't know if such a question will or not." If the Ancients could do as they wished in her eyes, then it was possible that Dygra would be fine with it, maybe impartial. However, such a request that directly benefits another god felt different from other pursuits. It felt too close to some edge that Edmund wasn't sure existed or was simply in his perception of the world.

"Have you asked Dantalion yet? I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on all of this."

Edmund
Come dance in the shadows

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
The look Tal gave Edmund was slightly incredulous, but he settled for biting his lip and giving a small shrug. "I mean. Caido's got the Draig, don't It?" The mountains, while Dygra as its antithesis took the volcanic caves deep beneath the Climb. And just as wild and uninhabited, though at least the Climb could be made habitable with enough hard work. The Draig was protected by dragons and Tal get the feeling that that was a deliberate choice on Caido's part.

He visibly perked up, eyes shining brightly in excitement as Edmund initially agreed to help him ask, but then the Ancient got hesitant on him again and the courier's shoulders slumped in resignation once more. "So... y'don't really know what'll make her mad or not? Or if she even cares about territory at all?" he asked slowly, trying to figure out what his guildmate meant by not understanding his goddess's priorities. "I mean... isn't t'only way t'do that... to ask?" That, or be so afraid of fucking up that he never took a risk, living like a little worker drone bee in Dygra's service. Which sounded more like a Voice and Ascended kinda relationship, but who was Tal to judge Edmund's kinks?

Hail, Tal had pretty clearly left Sex Frey feeling particularly unimpressed and probably even displeased with him, but the god was still willing to help him out if he undertook the tasks They had given him.

The question about 'Dantalion' had him wrinkling his nose in confusion, though. "Who's that?" he asked, genuinely curious. "Izzat another resident of--Oh! You mean Danta? Wait... is that his real name?" The courier's grin came back, crooked and a little wicked. "Ooooh, well, I haven't yet, but I will soon. Didn't seem t'matter what order I asked people in," he admitted with a shrug. If Danta said yes but Maea said no, that would be that. And if Danta said no, well, that was the risk of everyone he had to speak to.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
"They do, but they've practically barred most people from entering." It was drastically different. Edmund fiddled with the hem of his sleeve for a moment, tail flicking, "You're right. I just owe Mother so much, and I've yet to find a way to pay her back. Making a personal request before I've done so feels somewhat selfish." Debts should be paid, and the young Ancient owed Mother everything. His power, the ability to reach his goals, and, more importantly, hope for his future.

Edmund squared his shoulders, "Let's ask. I'll come with you." It was daunting, but his guildmate was right. Seeing Mother again however made him excited.

The Ancient blinked, "You didn't know his full name? But yes, Danta. The order probably doesn't matter too much." Choosing to save the leader for last versus going to them first was certainly a political tactic but Edmund wasn't sure if Tal was aware of that.

Edmund
Come dance in the shadows

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Tal nodded in easy agreement, because it was different between the Draig and the Climb. He didn't know why, and he figured he probably never would, but the truth was that both of the Biggest Gods had their own territories. What they did with them and why was so far above his paygrade he couldn't even see the bottom rung of that particular corporate ladder.

Edmund's discomfort was plain to see and the courier had already resigned himself to having to try on his own when his guildmaster raised his head and announced his decision-- one that caught Tal off-guard but brought a broad, relieved grin to chase away his glum scowl once it sank in. "Really? Hail, Edmund, thank you! This'll help a lot!"

Spoiler alert, Edmund: Tal had absolutely not thought about it from a political perspective. His approach so far had basically involved bumping into people and asking them as the opportunities arose, and it would be just his luck that it all came crashing down due to his lack of forethought when he did finally run into the Maverick.

But that was a problem for future Tal.

"Yeah, I'll ask 'im th'next time I run into him," the courier blithely assured his guildleader, a new spring in his step as he took the lead back to the Settlement!

~Fin~