found the brambles
For Danta
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

After discussions with Evie, Deimos had sent word ahead to Danta in concerns with Noah – and perhaps how to alleviate the situation happening again – but he took his time around the proposed meeting area. Mostly because he could remember a time where the underground had been simply that – rogue pieces of mazes, labyrinths, ROUs, and lost souls – pieces of the Voice scattered in princely regards, and libraries contorted in Safrin’s offerings. There were ghosts on the ground, floating in filaments, and specters in his mind, wondering how much more they would’ve haunted below the earth, had other multitudes not surrounded them. Sent them cast and away.

And perhaps, with the future so readily constructing its own fortunes and vices, he shouldn’t have been glancing into windows and watching the specters bound in the reflections, but it was something tangible and fleeting, a grasp of history stored in his blood and bone, before turning down another lane. A few questions towards other locals, and readily avoiding their stares and whispers, had him eventually standing before a bar, eyes narrowed, figuring Danta would be there soon enough.
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
in space the stars are no nearer; just glitters, like a morgue
Danta is indeed there soon enough. While not strictly on time for their appointed meeting (when is he ever), the Maverick appears at Deimos's shoulder like a flamboyantly dressed ghost, levelling a smirk up at the other man. "I don't think we are supposed to just stare at it," he says by way of greeting, stepping forward and into the establishment, holding the door open for his bestest friend fellow leader.

Heading straight for the bar and sidling onto a stool, he orders a drink for himself and gestures for Deimos to order whatever he'd like as well, contorting himself to get comfortable on the relatively small seat. "It's good to see you sans beartrap," he says with a flash of teeth, referring of course to their very first meeting. "Thanks for coming all the way from Halo, too. I hope you don't also intend to tell me how to run my region." A joke, of course - but it still holds a grain of truth.
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

Danta arrived as Deimos expected him too – slightly late and ostentatious. Once more he was reminded of Thranduil, ghosts from another world, and the wraiths dissipated on his answering snort. “I was being polite and waiting,” he insisted, with an arch of his brow, following the Ancient into the bar. Though he didn’t immediately venture to the stools themselves, quick scans and scrutinizing, analyzing the room, exalted for half a second before he claimed a space near the man. "You have done quite a bit with the place."

Ordering his preferred drink, he permitted another chuckle to loosen from his chest at the notions – his descriptions of Danta to others usually had something to do with said beartrap. An establishing character moment, as it were. “I do not, though Kiada may,” he offered with a slight grin, knowing how she operated; also a truth embedded within a joke. Straight to the point though, the Sword wasted no time in parallels and juxtapositions. “I did speak with Noah. He seemed to believe you were uncaring about the ongoing threats,” which again, hadn’t been his business, and incorrect, based on information Kiada had passed along. “And he had been trying to advise you,” though it sounded as if the instances had been far more than that.

Danta had his own council, after all – and they belonged amongst the Grounds. Shifting in his seat slightly, his eyes narrowed, for the conversation had been difficult when pinpointed and segmented into his and the Forsaken’s friendship – Deimos waiting for Noah to come around to the notions that he’d errored and made mistakes in his haste. “Regardless, I reminded him of proper conduct and behavior.” So, the Warden supposed, it would come down to Danta’s thoughts on the matter.
think about this
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Never feel the need to be polite on my account, Deimos," Danta assures the other man with a smile, already as settled as he can be by the time the Sword chooses when and where to make himself comfortable at the bar. "I appreciate it, but I can't take all the credit. For the Dusklight, certainly, but the Last Whisper is a beast of its own." And he adores the chaos of it, in truth.

Danta's drink comes in the form of a heavily spiked coffee, the steam rising steadily from the mug as the tender sets it down. Unsurprising, given the turn towards Leafchange, and the Maverick takes a drink that might scald another man's tongue. "Ah, Kiada." He grins at the mention of the harpy. "As long as she and you don't bring any more void creatures into the office, she can tell me whatever she likes." It was getting a bit crowded in there now.

Then, of course, conversation pivots to the Forsaken and his prior visit, and Danta's nose scrunches behind his drink before he sets the mug down. "I'm glad you had an opportunity to talk to him," he drawls.

"Listen. I know Naomi probably means well, and if he lived here, I might just give a shit about his opinion. But the bottom line is he doesn't, and I don't. I don't see him telling Torchline or King's End what to do." He shrugs. "Thanks, though. Hopefully it doesn't happen again."
Dantalion

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
With the Hollowed Grounds’ alterations in landscape, some of the animals have grown a bit wilder. A bit bolder.

So while it may surprise some, and others not at all, a crow swoops down, snatching at clothing and bags with sharp, irritating, and annoying talons. Maybe you just lost a piece of bread, or a valuable keepsake!

Whoops. Best go try to get it back!

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos took the information instilled with a brief snort, but would likely still remain polite. Those manners had long since been engrained and probably weren’t going anywhere. His eyes went towards the bar again, and the sanction within, and though he didn’t relate the voids and images he’d seen down here for years while they were trapped within the barrier, or willingly doing something asinine and dangerous, the alterations were still something to be admired.

The Sword’s drink was a simple beer; he had other sojourns to attend to thereafter. Taking a sip, he permitted a slight grin at the insinuations, that pull of boyish mischief remaining as he set the tankard down. “I did not think the frostbloom would give you much trouble.” Not unless he’d gone to touch it – he could see where it would be a further tribulation for an Ancient.

His eyes narrowed briefly at the mention of ‘Naomi’, before realizing he’d meant Noah, and listening in on more of the multitudes. “Which is understandable.” Any leader would’ve balked at the tones or insinuations; and the Sword hoped the Forsaken would take it as a learning curve, rather than an ambush or childish endeavor. “Will you permit him to keep working in the Grounds on Vi’s behalf?”

Amidst the conversation, the last thing he expected was to hear the sound of something smacking into a window – but sure enough, glancing upward in all his manner of unyielding senses – beheld a raven slowly sinking down the frame of glass. “Hm. Do they do that often here?” Somehow get underground and assault veneers?
think about this
the Maverick

Change author:
"Mm, I suppose that's true. She also brought me some dread raven, though I'll forgive you for that one." You know, on account of him not having been there when Kiada procured it. Still, for all his childish complaints, Danta's clearly happy with the arrangement made with the harpy, and once this most recent regional quest is out of the way, all the better.

As for the Forsaken, now Danta does look puzzled, and he raises a curious brow as he takes another drink of coffee. "On Vi's behalf?" he repeats. "I wasn't aware that demigods could just go wherever and say it was on their god's behalf." Snorting and putting his mug down again, it's clear that the Maverick has assumed - and still does - that Noah was purely doing what he wanted to do.

The thump against the window has his head turning, naturally, though Danta only lets out a snort of something close to victory as he realises what it is. "Not often, no. It's just that one crow. I think I must have offended it when I first arrived. I hope it got a concussion."
Dantalion
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

“Kiada will do well for you,” he grinned, a haphazard thing on a conviction melded, molded, from his years, and lifetimes, of knowing her. And she’d be far more subtle than Noah. “You must not have many more to fetch.” And then, at least, he wouldn’t have to worry about the Harpy within the Grounds, at least, in the semblances of the malicious void creatures.

The Warden took another drink, waiting for the inevitable as the confusion flickered across Danta’s face, and persisted only after taking a moment of his own. “He does have a mission from Vi in continuing to support the Grounds.” Would Vi's influence and necessities matter to the Maverick? Deimos supposed it would all come to a head if the Ancient disapproved of Noah’s intentions and ventures. If the Forsaken was no longer permitted, the Sword could only imagine that the demigod would continue to bulldoze in regardless, and cause further unrest and turmoil in political, and personal, statures. “I believe he means well, and that his emotions got in the way.” And for all of Noah’s bluster in determining Deimos didn’t care, know, or understand the nuances of such a faultline, the Sword certainly did. Frustrations had boiled over once in Halo, and they’d made their sentiments known; but it’d never been in childish endeavors. Instead, it’d been precursors to a war already determined and set.

Expecting parameters or even outright refusal, he waited for further implications from Danta before going any further to bat for his friend – intending to see where the chips fell. The crow was a ridiculous distraction, even as it disappeared in some stunned facets down the framework of the window and out of sight.
think about this
the Maverick

Change author:
Wiggling his hand in response to the question of how many void creatures does it take to change a regional lightbulb, Danta wrinkles his nose. "Some," he admits. "But we're getting there." It could be worse, too - he doesn't know many more creatures he'll personally need to go out and catch, but so far, one has been plenty. (Especially given that they are all taking up residence in his office regardless).

Letting his fingers tease through the steam rising from his drink, the Maverick is clearly much more interested in what Deimos has to say about Vi's demigod and the shenanigans that have seemingly come from on high, his focus evident in the raise of his brow and a sharp glint in cold eyes. "Shut up," he says with a scoff, though the outburst is made with a mix of amusement and shock. "He never fucking said that."

Maybe knowing it from the outset would have changed things. Now, though? Well, opinions have been formed, and Danta rolls his eyes as if being asked to do a favour. "If he comes in with his dick swinging again, I'll make it a problem," he warns, picking up his drink again for a sip. "Otherwise, so long as he doesn't get in the way... whatever, I guess."
Dantalion
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

“Has it been easy to keep them caged?” Deimos had to wonder – the plants likely weren’t a problem, but the animals, depending on the choice, could likely be more difficult. He’d already seen a multitude of aggressive void cretins, with hardly a notion to spare for their own livelihoods, and that left him with further inquiries, rather than any solidified answers.

Taking another sip in the quiet considerations, he waited for some refusal. Noah might’ve deserved it for his shenanigans, but he’d known some of these moments were coming. The Forsaken had admitted as much – no trace of his mission, no hint of his intended sacrifices, no summation of his assignment. Not that it mattered much anymore, but Deimos would always be a little confused by the notions. So the Sword shrugged, out of explanations on that front. “Perhaps Vi likes the Grounds.” Or had some other agenda.

Expectations drawn into naught, the Warden was pleasantly surprised to hear the response. “All right. And you can certainly inform either Evie or I if he does cause an issue again.” He couldn’t make any promises in that regard – especially since the Forsaken had yet to apologize for his actions – and Deimos wouldn’t want to place them all into a quandary they might not be able to face. “We will take care of it.” A second offense would mean something far greater than a lecture the Forsaken couldn’t stand. “Maybe he would be best suited out of an office,” to which he wrinkled his nose, but allowed the joke to remain.
think about this
the Maverick

Change author:
"Mostly," Danta says. "The plants don't cause much of an issue, though that's not to say I'll turn my back on them. It's the gods damned raven that I can't wait to get rid of." Danta's all for a bit of BDSM and degradation, don't get him wrong, but the sinking aura of dread whenever he goes to grab something from the office is less kinky and more like a horror show.

Giving Deimos a look (insert Jim looking at the camera gif) at Vi himself liking the Grounds, the Maverick snorts and shrugs his shoulders. "If he liked it that much he should have had Noah take over before I got here. Place has been a dive for years," he points out. Either way, as they come to some sort of an agreement, he tips his mug towards the Warden in a cheers.

"I'll keep that in mind," he assures him. "And that may be so, as long as the office isn't mine." All jokes and acceptance aside, he still wouldn't be sad if he didn't see the Forsaken for a few seasons. "And, y'know. If Halo needs anything..." The wave of his hand is a little imperious, but the offer is nonetheless there.
Dantalion
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Quiet considerations caused an arch to his brow, pondering if the animals could be kept elsewhere, but then again, it cycled back to being able to watch them. Locking them away in an office might’ve been easier than placing them amidst other potential alleys and pathways where others could stumble upon their existences. He wrinkled his nose vaguely, before placing his tankard down. “At least it will be worth it.” Another guard against the anomalies, while they were all still trying to find answers and solutions.

As for the Grounds and Noah’s ties, Deimos could only haphazardly shrug. He couldn’t put words in the Forsaken’s mouth nor speak for him, but actions had proven that the man had willingly dragged his feet to go here, so fathoming him taking actual ownership seemed less than feasible. Only when he’d been firmly tied to the terrain had he asked his family to go along, and Halo had always been his home. It likely was too much at stake to simply parse away – and therein had lain part of the cursed convictions. “No one wanted it after the Ascended took over,” he acknowledged instead. Any soft spots were for those haunted by its territory, or the individuals who’d survived for years by carrying on, despite the traumas. “But it is much improved now. And you do not have LongNight to contend with.” Monsters aside, anyways.

On a show of dry humor and not much else, the Sword snorted, shaking his head. “You could have him tend to the void creatures, I suppose.” He couldn’t promise they wouldn’t be dead by the time someone came back through though, given Vi’s prior proclamations. But he gave a small smile in regards to the added comment, tipping his mug back in return. “I will keep that in mind as well.” No Ancient, save for Kiada, would be able to cross into their wintry domain, but there were always other nuances. “The Grounds does not need anything currently?”
think about this
the Maverick

Change author:
"Mm, we can agree on that," Danta says with a nod - and the sooner they're able to finish this particular regional quest, the sooner he can get back to asking for the things he really wants. Like a portal to the Climb, or a theme song. You know, important stuff. Anyway - the Hollowed Grounds.

"So I've heard," he murmurs - he's met a few of said Ascended since they joined Dygra's ranks, and honestly, he can't see what the fuss was all about. Still, he'll take a compliment whether or not it's entirely attributed to his actions, offering Deimos a grin. "I'm glad you think so. Though we always have Longnight to contend with, but I did hear things were a little spicy here in the Grounds for a time."

He'd read up on it or ask around, but honestly, if the problem has gone, it's not as though it's for anything other than curiosity. Instead, it's with a good natured scoff that he imagines Noah being in charge of Void Creature Wellbeing, raising his eyebrows at the Sword as if to tell him just what he thinks of the idea. "I think having him cleaning the streets might be safer," he mutters. "Thanks for the offer, but I think we're alright for now. Though having visitors from other regions is always a big help - makes us seem less spooky." He winks.
Dantalion
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

His eyes narrowed at the comment of ‘spicy’ – because he wasn’t sure it fit readily into the sheer amount of trauma, horror, and death laid rampant at their feet, or doorsteps, at LongNight’s plunge. In most regards, the afflictions could be attributed to their actions, but if the monsters had never existed at all…

Well – a lot more would’ve survived.

He grew silent for a moment, mind churning back to his own idiocy and the effects, before opting to swerve his thoughts away from melancholy. “Not how I would describe it,” he attributed instead with a slight grin and then nothing more, shaking his head and clearing the images from his head. “Fair enough,” at Noah the street cleaner, even though he was certain it wasn’t a justifiable mission for a demigod of Vi’s prowess.

He eventually snorted at the semblances of the Grounds being less spooky. “Halo is not much for tourism either,” he added with a wrinkle to his nose, but content in his heart for the entire thing. “The bonfire is a nice touch though.” Or maybe that was simply because he liked gigantic infernos.
think about this