There's still life in the Armageddon
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
"Mmmh... for your sake, sure. But I don't know... maybe I'm a bit glad she isn't around." Reaching out both hands to help Evie get up, Maea finished packing away the dress. She looked around for somewhere to put the remaining dust, but without a broom or a convenient pit to dump it, eventually she just shrugged and left it there. Someone else could ponder the meaning of the ash when they passed through; maybe they would think it an offering. It wasn't too far from the truth.

Laughing quietly about the chaos, Maea could only agree. "Next time you get to decide the location we meet in," she promised, remembering suddenly that what she felt as a comfortably warm space must be exhausting for her friend. "Also, I've been thinking of some ways to get the leaders of the regions together... maybe I can time it so you can travel by then." With or without the baby in tow; that was for the soon to be parents to decide.

It felt too early to leave, but also like it really was time to go home and consider everything they had talked about here. Ripping up old wounds had a way of bringing many things into the light, and not all of them could be processed in one day. "I'll try to write more often..."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
I dreamt in the sound of your voice

and bathed in the color of your love
Evie's ears perk at the vagueness and the tone, and she tilts her head, curious. She'd had few dealings with Phoebe, admittedly, and only knew her in terms of midwifery and Frey's ascension. "Oh? I didn't know her well." She doesn't ask outright, but leaves it open ended in case Maea is inclined to share. Much as she might still love to gossip here and there, it's harmless topics these days, and Maea is certainly allowed her secrets.

Standing, Evie huffs and smiles past the desire to grimace as she wipes more sweat from her brow. Luckily the cool water and her own magic had kept most of it at bay, but she certainly doesn't want to linger. "Really? I'd love to hear about it, and be involved. I'll let you know as soon as the baby is born as well." She may not be able to visit Halo yet, but the unspoken offer of introductions at the very least linger. "With magic we can heal much faster after birth than in the Grounds. I should be up and moving within a decent time."

She can tell their time is dwindling, and so Evie reaches out for Maea's hand to give it one more squeeze. "I'd really like that. And I'll write you as well, to remind you if you lose track of time." A burden shared, at last.
And The most beautiful thought
Is the fact that I have always loved you
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Waking from the dream
Witnessing the smoke that's rolling in
Unsure how much to say, Maea pursed her lips and glanced at the guard, then rolled her shoulders in a small shrug. "Me neither. I thought we might have been friends once, but... She's hurt someone I care about. A lot. So I don't think I want that anymore." How's that for some tea? She might elaborate more in a letter, where she could formulate her feelings on the matter better than with the silent snarl that gave her mouth a savage look. Better if Phoebe didn't come back; Maea didn't like her odds against a demigod, if she lost her temper.

Pushing the matter aside for now, she returned focus to Evie and their farewells. Shouldering the bag, she offered the red-head a smile and nodded appreciatively. "Will do. Gotta talk to Danta first, but then I'll fill you in. In the meantime, take care of yourself! And thank you, for talking."

Squeezing the hand back, it was with some reluctance she let go and took the first tentative steps away. Evie would be headed back to Halo, while Maea needed to return to the crust and make her slow painstaking way towards a spot where a skyship would see her.
At the last moment, she turned on her heels and walked backward to catch a final glimpse of her friend.

"You'll make a great mom! Don't name the kid anything ridiculous!" And with that as parting words, she waved and disappeared into the darkness of the tunnel behind her.

{FIN!}
The end is what you fear
The scent of embers lingers in the air
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦