There's still life in the Armageddon
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Evie
I dreamt in the sound of your voice

and bathed in the color of your love
Evie only begins placing the ash on the dress once Maea has, letting the Ancient be the first to take that step, knowing how intimate quests could be and how they were often designed to be much more than simple fetch commands. Or at least she assumes this is for a quest, unless Maea is performing some sort of emotional rite over a garment that holds memories for her - strange, but Evie wouldn't put it past her.

"It's definitely a benefit for Halovians, though we often host trainings elsewhere regardless for our Mer and Ancient students." She hopes that the gift is beneficial to all, even outside of Halo, but Hotaru - and now Evie - would not see students excluded because of their racial limitations. Even if it creates extra work.

The water set between them has Evie offering a smile to the side of Maea's face, cognizant of the fact the woman has yet to look at her for long but working past it as much as she can. "Thank you." Both because she needs it and to accept the olive branch, Evie takes the flask in hand and drinks from it before setting it back down between them, taking another handful of ash and smearing it onto the dress.

It's strange to think their wedding was large enough for something like the gossip mill - especially inter-regional gossip - but Evie often disregards the importance of the two of them being Wardens. Politics in Caido are usually self-contained and neutral, so leadership was not nearly the point of pride - or contention - that it had been in the Grounds of her youth. But she can't help smiling down at the ashen streaks she leaves on the dress, love and happiness illuminating her face immediately. "Happier than I've ever been in my entire life, I think," she confesses on a laugh that comes out nearly shy. "He's my best friend and my greatest supporter. I can't imagine living without him." And wherever life takes them, she will surely follow him to the ends of the earth, because everything else is trivial compared to staying by his side.
And The most beautiful thought
Is the fact that I have always loved you

Messages In This Thread
There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-11-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: There's still life in the Armageddon - by Evie - 03-16-2024, 10:50 PM