There's still life in the Armageddon
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
"Yeah? That's considerate of you. Much different from the first Academy ‐ do you still make your students face down ursurs?" A Half smile ghosted across Maea's lips, and she glanced aside at Evie when the woman accepted the water. Stealing looks while thinking herself unseen, it still made her reel to see her old friend. Shook her, to notice all the little ways in which they both had changed.

If she struggled to gaze openly at the Warden, it was only because Maea wasn't sure what expression her face would make when she did.

"That's good. I'm glad."

Truly. She really was. But along with the well wishes came a good deal of less savoury emotions that were not as kind. Jealousy, indifference, a very itchy desire to throw stones at that sweet smile of hers until it shattered and fell away. Surely she couldn't be the only one who felt old grievances burn like acid in the throat. Or was she? Amalia har always been perfect in her gracious forgiveness, in that preachy kind of way. Har Evie adopted it? Or did the catty bitch still live somewhere beneath that radiant glow?

That was part of the problem... she wasn't supposed to go digging for it. Forgiven and forget, move on, start over...
Except forgetting was proving harder than she thought. And the longer she pretended to be fine, the more she resented the charade.

A sigh escaped her. Scarred hands stopped in their motion of rubbing ash into every inch of the dress.
"Listen... I know this was my idea. But I don't know... this seemed a lot easier when I wrote the letter." Biting her jaws together, pushing the tidal wave of emotions back, and back, and back... She couldn't seem to just set them aside.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-11-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-16-2024, 11:51 PM