There's still life in the Armageddon
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Something snagged her attention in what the Evergreen said. "Wait... go back. You tried to heal me?" Her eyes went wide with surprise. Maea had to make sure she wasn't just hearing whatever she wanted to hear. It was not something she would have expected from the girl she had known. Which... made sense, really, if all she had ever been privy to was the spiteful facade. In truth, she probably never knew her at all.

There was loss associated with that. It had Maea shaking her head, objecting to the idea that being left out had saved her from anything.
"While I appreciate the sentiment... all it did was leave me ignorant. I know it sounds flippant when you were in so much pain, but I would rather have shared in it and understood the cause than be spared to suffer the symptoms like I was. Even if I couldn't have done anything to stop it, I could have been there. For both of you. My home was safe - I would have asked you over more often."

Sitting with the regret of all the lost opportunities, it took her a moment to process Evie's worry that her true self might be somehow less palatable than the bully she had been as a child. But when she did, Maea braced her ashen hands against her knees and leaned in to stare her straight in the eyes, their noses nearly touching.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore, Evie. I have died and been twice reborn, and I live among nothing but bloodthirsty predators. I think I can handle anything you bring to the table." Sitting back again, she raised an eyebrow. "Except marriage gossip and bragging about your magic. That would be annoying. I might be tempted to find a way to put sheep droppings in your bed again." A teasing smirk tugged on her lips; half challenge, half reassurance.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-11-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: There's still life in the Armageddon - by Maea - 03-17-2024, 05:15 AM