images we create
for Hawthorn
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
I carried my own ashes to the mountains
He accepted the answer with a nod, before turning his attention back to the books. Snagging at another one near the dragon title, he glanced at the cover before re-shelving it back into its place, maneuvering further down the line, gaze sweeping over more spines. Had he all the time in the world, he could imagine spending hours upon hours here, absorbing and cultivating the knowledge others had deigned to spread. Not unlike multitudes before, he supposed, or those who discussed their stories with Thorn – he wouldn’t be doing the same, naturally. His were closed.

The subject matter of the bay, Halo, and their latest bouts of chaos were perhaps easier to digest now, once they were out of the current debacle. “Yes. We lost a few in the impact,” at which he clenched his jaw, the muscle feathering beneath his skin, having plucked some out of the water himself. “But we have established emergency shelters and improved the infirmary. Things seem settled at present.” He wouldn’t have been amidst Stormbreak if they weren’t – but there was always that sinking, nagging feeling in the back of his mind; waiting for the next wave of chaos to ripple through the cosmos.
DEIMOS
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// you can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start —
He doesn’t expect Deimos to share any of his stories aside from the news about Halo. It was what he’d heard about the Sword – relatively quiet, more watchful than anything, calculating and collected. He’d come to terms a while back with the idea that there were some people that preferred not to share, and that was fine with him. Saved him time trying to pull it out of people if he were okay with letting it sit.

Talk of Halo was both easier and not, not with the realization that there were a few lost in the impact. He hasn’t heard anything from his family, though, assuming that they were fine in the mix. His father would certainly be cautious over it, and they hadn’t really lived near enough to the water for it to likely have been an issue. But regardless, Thorn nods, taking note of the feathering on Deimos’ jaw, trailing after him a little as he keeps perusing the shelves. “Good. That’s good.” He murmurs before a thought occurs to him and he tilts his head curiously. “Is the, uh,” he snaps his fingers trying to recall the name – it’s been a while, sue him. “Arcane Academy still around?” He asks, debating on whether it would be a good idea for him to return back to the snowy depths on occasion in order to continue to strengthen his magic.
thorn
— at least pretend you didn't wanna get caught,
we're concentrating on falling apart //
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos rarely shared with strangers, and sometimes still with friends. It came as a side-effect multiple lives and war-torn lands; where enemies lived amongst and amidst, where betrayal was imminent, where information was key, and trust could only go so far. Too much unwound meant death and destruction – so he parsed, careful, discrete. He would like to believe he’d come a long way from being completely silent and sometimes thought of as nearly mute; but it still didn’t mean he’d unfurl anything and everything to those around him.

Perhaps Thorn understood, or had seen enough to know not to press, and the Sword grabbed another book about oceanic creatures (some of which he’d never seen as he glanced over some pictures and descriptions, thumbing through the tome quickly), placing it in his grasp with the other.

The inquiry drew his attention though, mostly due to relations of the academy with Ru first, and Evie second. Zariah could be a distant haze for all he cared. “Yes. Were you interested in joining?”
DEIMOS
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Thorn is great at reading people for the most part, and pair that with the tidbits he’d learned about Deimos from his ties to Halo and others around, well, he knows when not to press even if he wants to. So he shifts the subject, focusing instead on that magical academy, wondering of it’s existence and whether or not he should think about being a part of it.

He’s completely forgotten about the book he was excited about borrowing, too focused instead on the conversation when Deimos asks if he was interested.

Blinking for a moment as if needing a second to think about it, Thorn nods belatedly and flashes a small smile. “I think so. Having  better control of my magic would make things better in my line of work.” The same could be said for any multitude of careers, at least, but for Thorn part of it was self protection.
thorn
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos had learned how to read people too – but in an analyzing, scrutinizing, examining way of battleground prowess and where to draw lines. His was marked in calm, flickering measures, a quiet observation made only apparent by the casual arch of his brow, before it leveled back and he glanced away, waiting for the other to forge his answer. It hadn’t been so long ago that the mere thought of any Abandoned learning how to utilize their magic had been frowned upon. Or even here, amidst these corridors, existing.

So he could understand any hesitation, even if he never wore a bit of shame for being who he was, and didn’t think they should either.

Nodding when the accord followed through, his glance remained on another book. “Then you should talk to Evie. Fairly certain she is always taking openings.” If he wasn't comfortable with returning to Halo just yet, there was always the letter option as well.
DEIMOS
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
Thorn watches carefully as his question is registered, and when the other man nods, he lets a small smile start to bloom on the corner of his lips. A letter would be far more comfortable to start, and with a name and location to send it to, he’s positive he could figure out just how to manage his practice alongside his duties at the House of Midnight. So his mind is quickly made up, fingers drumming against the edge of the book still in his hand before he stands up a little bit straighter.

Sure. I’ll send a letter when I get back home.” He offers, just in case Deimos intended to tell her of the encounter (a possibility given that he’s considering joining as a student), before he hesitates a little and gives the Sword his space back. “I should stop bothering you, though. I hope you find what books you’re looking for.” He flashes an almost sheepish smile before he steps away, intending to take his book toward a quiet corner and read up before taking the trek back down toward Torchline and home shortly after that.
thorn
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Not one to begrudge a fellow Abandoned an opportunity, unless some pettiness or spite shattered those remnants, the Sword nodded. With neither of those in contention, Deimos figured it’d be an easy sell for the younger man to fill, and grant Evie with the opportunity to reach another pupil.

Perhaps Thorn got what he wanted after all, because no sooner did he take the chance to slink away, at which the Warden nearly laughed. Instead, he merely obliged him with a nod, somewhat gratified to have his space back, even if in the end it had become a productive means, rather than disgruntlement and irritation. “Same to you. Good luck.” With that, they could both adjourn to either their studies or inspection of Stormbreak itself.

{FIN}
DEIMOS