in all my dreams i drown

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ronin...

Her voice would slide into his thoughts as clearly as it ever had. As clear as that recent BrOaDCaSt, but never mind. What differentiated this call from all the others the Nova had received was the fact that Safrin's presence did not accompany it. She couldn't bear to look upon him now that she'd distanced herself from him the way she had; couldn't allow him to see the effect he had on her lest he use it against her.

So just a voice then, in the muffled darkness of his thoughts as he went about his morning.

Seren has asked to come back. Caido is no less dangerous than it was when war was brewing, but she is no longer a young child.
SAFRIN
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
gratuitous violence; unnecessary, satisfying, heartbreaking
The sound of the glass shattering as it hits the ground splinters the literal silence in the Northaven, not only the storm in his thoughts, and Ronin hisses out a soft curse and pinches the bridge of his nose. After the broadcast he's already had quite enough of voices in his head, and of all the ones to appear now, this is the least expected - and least desirable.

Bending to pick up the larger chunks of the glass he'd dropped, it's only the mention of Seren's name that stays his tongue, but there's no question that there's a wall of words and emotion dammed up in the Nova's mind. Our daughter certainly knows how to choose her moments, he rumbles softly, putting the larger shards onto the counter and fetching a sweeping brush to sweep up the rest.

I will make sure she is as safe as she can be. Not that their power does much against the void threat, but Ronin is still reasonably confident in his ability to punch monsters in the face.
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She certainly does.

Who had she learned that from?

I have given her something that might help. Hopefully you can help her to unlock its true potential.

Lingering in the whispers of the Nova's thoughts, Safrin waited. If Ronin chose to use this moment to address other issues, so be it. If not, she'd fade away just as silently as she'd come.
SAFRIN
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
gratuitous violence; unnecessary, satisfying, heartbreaking
Who indeed.

I will touch base with her as soon as I can. Or rather, he expects Seren to seek him out, given that he's actually got a static(ish) address these days that isn't tucked away in a hostile mountain.

For a second the other matters burn on his tongue hot enough that Ronin is worried he will have to spit them out for relief, but with a clenched jaw, he swallows it all back. Seren is returning, and this is not about him.

And so the Nova lets Safrin fade from his mind with a brief shake of his head, as if to dislodge the goddess's voice, and returns to his cleaning.

~FIN
RONIN