It's so much bigger than me
Ronin
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Oh, empty my heart
Seren slipped out of her seat and into her father's arms, hugging him tightly. Only then did she feel like she had properly returned. Always before he had been there to welcome her into the world; she could not imagine it without him.

"I missed you," she said, voice muffled by his shirt. "I want to spend more time with you. And see more of the world. And make people smile. Is that reason enough to come back?" The stars were lovely, but so was this; Seren wanted them both, wanted all of it. "I promised Mother I would think before leaping into things. I promise you the same, okay?" Squeezing her father tightly, she smiled up at him.

"Oh – and Mother sent something with me," she recalled. "A strange orb. She said she took it from them." The emphasis was followed by a nudge of her chin in the direction of the open sea and Starfall. "If we can figure out what it does it might help with our disadvantage." Weakness for a weakness, hopefully.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
kiss your perfect day goodbye
"Sorry - I still need to shower." Ronin has to say it, given that she'd come across him on the beach literally mid-run, but he hugs her back just as tightly, nosing into her midnight hair and letting himself enjoy a small, private smile to enjoy his daughter's presence. "I missed you too. And that is more than good enough a reason to come back. Better than any of those noble reasons," he teases, straightening up enough to gaze down at her.

Nodding solemnly and brushing a lock of dark hair out of her face, Ronin's smile is both warm and relieved. "And you'd better keep that promise," he says. "Take it from someone who knows - playing the hero isn't all it's cracked up to be." It sucks, actually, in his experience.

But Seren might not actually have much of a choice - especially given the information she delivers next. "She what?" he echoes quietly. "That... fuck, that could be really useful." His mind is already racing with the possibilities, and Ronin has to slow himself down and peel himself away to bring their tea to the little table Seren had been sitting at.

"Do you mind if I let people know?" he asks. "Leaders, the other demigods, that sort of thing. It could help us test things, try to figure out how to get an upper hand on these things."
because the world is on fire
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
A little sweat would never keep her from hugging him, and her little shrug suggested as much. Her first night in Caido had been spent in the grime of a boxing ring; if that didn't jade a person against odors she didn't know what would.

Poking out her tongue at him, she rolled her eyes playfully. "I am noble by nature, what can I say. And my family is full of heroes."

Returning to the table and reclaiming her seat, Seren took one of the mugs and folded her hands around it, savoring the warmth that reminded her that the Leafchange air would demand more clothing than the flimsy dress she currently wore. Such mundane thoughts seemed very far from the important topic of the orb, and yet they intruded on her none the less. It was not to fight she had come back, ultimately; just to live.

"I don't mind," she replied. "For now I am keeping it on my Island - if I may suggest, perhaps it's best if only you and I know about that for now. And Remi, of course." Braving a sip of tea, the hot liquid made her tongue prickle whilst spreading a soothing flavor through her mouth. Grounding, bracing; bolstering her enough to bring something up that had been on her mind for a long time.

"Remember that fight we had, back in Stormbreak?" Blue eyes searched her father's face, rather sure he wouldn't have forgotten their first real row. "I got upset because I felt run over. Do you think we could... talk about things, before doing something this time? I know I have much to learn... if it's possible, I would like to actually learn how to properly do things. As a demigod. As someone people look to for answers."

Even if she was here for her own sake, Seren still felt the weight of being what she was. Not a burden, but a responsibility, an image to live up to.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"Noble by nature, huh? You didn't get that from me," Ronin teases, smiling lopsidedly across at Seren and stirring some honey into his tea as they chat. He's blowing on the surface of the mug as she continues to speak, the Nova giving her the space to talk without interruption, the time for him to absorb everything she might have to say. And by the time he's done, the Nova's smile is a gentle and approving thing, and he nods.

"Then I will tell Remi about this, but leave the rest in your capable hands," he tells her softly. "I can share everything I know with you about the people who share the sorts of skills we possess." Other demigods, as well as the leaders of regions and the movers and shakers of Caido. "You can decide from there how you want to proceed. I'll be here to help, but not to take over." Reaching across to give her cheek an affectionate pinch, Ronin is able to regard his daughter as more than just his little girl now, and he'll do all he can to aid in her success.

"How does that sound?"
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Leaning her cheek into his hand, her smile was as warm as it was grateful. "It sounds great, dad. Thank you." Content with the answer, Seren focused on her tea until sitting in silence didn't feel quite so strange anymore. There were so many things that needed to happen, but none needed to be done right now; nothing except being, and breathing, and sharing the moment with her father.

Only when her thoughts had calmed did she look up again, quite a bit more relaxed than before. The extra years had taught her how to manage her passionate emotions, and it showed already in the steady brightness of her gaze. "Where do you suggest we start?"
SEREN
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"You are more than welcome," he assures her, settling back as well to enjoy her company, something that started out strange but is quickly becoming more comfortable. Indeed, by the time he's halfway through his tea and she speaks again, Ronin already has an answer for her, offering a lopsided smile and getting to his feet. "Well," he says, "give me a couple of days to pull everything together, and then perhaps you, Remi and I can take a look at that orb?" he suggests.

"In the meantime, though, I'd recommend us going into town and finding you a good place to stay. I know a few decent inns that will be a good start - and they'll be a lot nicer than here. You can start making yourself at home in Torchline, and we can go from there?" He offers her a hand up, more than happy to take a stroll across the sand and start making inroads to get Seren back on her feet.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"No objections," she replied cheerfully, accepting the hand up. Seren held on to it as they made their way out of the house boat, into the gentle embrace of nightfall. "For the record, I really like the boat. Are you comfortable here?"

Happy to engage in small talk or go back to the comfortable silence - whatever her father preferred - the starchild breathed deep from the brisk air. How many times had she imagined moments like this? Finally it was real, and tangible - and for all that there were threats looming literally on the horizon, she really was happy to be back.
SEREN
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
More than happy with the casual contact as they head out and onto the beach, Ronin glances over his shoulder at the Northaven with a small smile, nodding in response to his daughter's question. "We really are," he says softly. "We had a place similar to this up at the Cordillera after the war, but we recently decided we should be more... present." Geographically, metaphorically and literally, as it happens.

Here, at least, they're contactable by their friends and children, and they can contribute to Torchline and help out where needed. Granted, it just so happens that their arrival has coincided with another crisis, but hey, you can't win 'em all, right?

Regardless, for tonight thoughts of Starfall are far from Ronin's mind, and he's happy to focus instead on his daughter and her new life in the region.

~FIN