bite your tongue and choke yourself to sleep
Asta!
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 201
you were automatic and as hollow as the 'O' in god
"I know you have," Danta drawls, maybe a touch smugly - because they've probably both given each other worse injuries than the ones they're sporting this evening. But anyway. Clinking his glass against Asta's, the Maverick downs his drink in a smooth movement - only to almost choke on the burn of liquor at the touch of the other Ancient, however hands-free it might be.

Blinking and sitting up, Danta slowly turns to look at Asta, and then pointedly down between them, as if wordlessly asking for an explanation that he fully expects the other man to give. "I didn't realise we were taking our relationship to the next level, sir," he murmurs. "I'm still not entirely sure that we're each other's type, if I'm honest."
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 5337
a romantic, candelit dinner would be incomplete
He’s distracted and it’s what keeps himself from focusing on just what the prehensile tail is up to, and still so distracted by the burn and the squinting and the slight wincing as breathing in feels like fire that he looks over at Danta with the question, brows pinching slightly. “What?” He asks a bit dumbly, realizing it immediately after. He rolls his eyes and can’t hide the flush that darkens his ears, tail retreating to wrap around his own barstool (which, fun fact, is where Danta’s tail is still settled.)

You were in my space first, darling.” He drawls with a sigh as his tail starts a little battle with Danta’s own around his own barstool, gesturing for the bartender for another round of whatever that shot was for himself and the Maverick, even if he was going to be a little shit about their proximity and touch.
Astaroth
without all this blood /////
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"I was not," Danta protests (he absolutely was), puffing out his chest and considering the matter resolved until apparently there's a battle royale over Astaroth's barstool, and the Maverick finally retreats to his own personal space, but not without reaching across to tweak his counterpart's (very red, is that a blush) ear. "You came over to me first," he reminds him, accepting the shot the second it's set down and slamming it back without even considering the taste.

"Anyway," he wheezes, fumbling to button his own shirt back up and twisting on the barstool to look out at the customers and workers alike. "You reckon there's any more trouble brewing, or can you call it a night with the whole lurking and intimidation schtick?"
Dantalion

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Were too.” Asta responds immediately, before his head is tilting the second Danta latches onto that red ear and it absolutely is a little battle and a hiss, tail trying to pry the other man’s off of his barstool. “Ack.” He wrinkles his nose and pulls away from Danta’s touch as they part and he picks up his next shot and downs it.

Two in quick succession has his head a little fuzzy suddenly and he swallows down any remnant of the taste of the liquor before he looks back toward Danta with a dark brow raised. “I’m calling it a night.” He says, reaching up and brushing his hair back behind his horns again, trying to fix the scorched collar with an annoyed sigh.

And without much else, whether Danta follows or not, he stands and collects his cane as if he’s intending to slip away for the night.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
Having expected his hand to be swatted away rather than the other man to finish his shot and sulk off, Danta is left at the barstool feeling inexplicably (not, he's an idiot and that's the explanation) as though he's done something wrong. "Hey," he says belatedly, slipping out of his seat and - give it a sec, the shots were strong - following after Asta in what he's reasonably certain is a straight line.

"Hey, what's your problem?" Good one, Danta, that'll fix it. Attempting to hurry forward to beat Asta to the door to his rooms, if he's successful the taller Ancient won't find him barring the way, exactly, but he's definitely lurking in a way that suggests it.
Dantalion

Change author:
Danta’s hey goes on deaf and buzzed ears as he does in fact intend to meander back toward his room to lull the slight burn and the soreness of his shoulder. He doesn’t expect the Maverick to follow and he’s a little miffed that he does when he reaches his door.

The blonde tries his best to slink against the doorframe and Asta sighs at the question, skin flushed from the alcohol. “My problem?” He asks, raising a dark brow and letting his dark gaze linger on the other man. He leans in, scanning Danta’s face that’s absolutely blocking his door. “You’re being a dick and I’m done with work for the day, so I don’t have to put up with it.” He says with a small sigh, withdrawing to try and reach around him for the doorknob, and if he opens it and Danta falls through, well, that’s his own fault.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"Wh--" Whatever protests Danta has been about to make abruptly fall silent as Asta smoothly reaches around him and opens the door - and yes, he absolutely goes tumbling inside. Letting out a soft oof as his body meets the ground, if anyone has seen his feat of agility and grace, Danta won't know until later. Because he's not getting up. "That was rude," he complains, voice muffled by the rug.

"Anyway, what the fuck do you mean, I was being a dick?" Rolling himself up enough to lean back on his hands, it's a very tipsy and pouting Maverick that glares up at Astaroth, earning himself no shortage of dumb idiot trophies at the same time, no doubt.
Dantalion

Change author:
Asta doesn’t make any attempt to catch the Maverick (after all, he’s tipsy too, trying to catch him would be a recipe for disaster in his own right). So instead, he lets Danta fall through, steps in and over him, and closes the door behind them. He drifts deeper in and starts to shrug out of the scorched jacket, hanging it onto the coat rack within.

He ignores the rude comment, muffled as it is, and he starts to strip down to get ready for bed, wincing as he moves his shoulder. “You threw a fit because I touched you, while you were already invading my own personal space. That, darling, makes you an asshole.” His back is turned toward the Maverick as he continues to strip down, slowly due to the spinning.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"I did not throw a fit," Danta says with a scowl, "you did, because I didn't want to hold... because of that." Rolling clumsily to his knees, his blond hair even more than its usual purposeful mess, he narrows his eyes up at Asta, and it's partially to keep the other man from appearing in double vision. (Gods know one is enough for the Maverick on any occasion).

"And even if I was," he continues, because when will a drunk man ever learn to hold his tongue, "you never normally care. So..." Throwing his arms up in a dramatic shrug - a gesture Asta will likely not see nor care about - Danta leaves it selfishly in the other man's court.
Dantalion

Change author:
I said I didn’t know, and when I tried to get into my own space you were already there.” He responds with a small hiss of annoyance, shirt slipping over his head as he takes it off, folding it neatly to set aside. His tail starts to lash behind him as he definitely doesn’t notice Danta’s arms waving about like a raving lunatic.

He pauses, though, turning to look back at Danta, raised to his full height as he lets his dark gaze linger. “Did it occur to you that maybe I do care?” He asks, head tilting slightly, one lock of that pushed back dark hair falling into his face. “That maybe it was one of those things that I kept to myself until you pried out my acceptance of my solitude? And now you’re upset because I subconsciously wanted to feel close and warm to you while, mind you, we both were wounded?” He pauses for a split second before he crawls into the bed, laying on his back and raking his hand through his hair as he sighs.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"Yeah, well," Danta complains, naturally having nothing else with which to fuel the fire of his sudden annoyance - which is probably a good thing, since he's only angry because Astaroth was pissed off first. Granted, it doesn't stop him from planning to throw himself into the feeling, until very suddenly, the other man is towering over him, all dark eyes and darker words that tie his tongue for a long few seconds.

"I," he tries, false starts, and then tries again. "I didn't know." Still scowling, but feeling as though it's more at himself now than the other man, the Maverick rubs at his forehead. "I thought you might have been looking for... that you would want something more than what I can give. To anyone." The addition is unnecessary, the meaning already clear that he's referring to a rOmAnTiC ReLaTiONsHIp.
Dantalion

Change author:
It’s almost palpable, to feel the wind in the Maverick’s sails flush out so quickly. So fast that the room feels cold and he turns a little, pressing his cheek into the pillow as he closes his eyes and winces against the way it spins. So he draws the blanket up tightly. “Dantalion, I am not built for a real relationship.” He says bluntly, keeping his eyes closed.

But they squeeze a bit tighter closed as he sighs. “Nor do I even want one. But I have lived my life solitary, too, you know. And you made it nice since I’ve been back.” He drawls, eyes popping open to peer in the direction of the Maverick. “I am not asking for anything but to possibly share your warmth on occasion.

Certainly no strings attached. Obviously. He was a cannibal with no relationship experience in the slightest nor one he’d even witnessed growing up. His mother had birthed him and they had been on their own in their tribe. He didn’t know who his father was. And up until he’d left, it was more of a general understanding of sticking together, until they started snacking on each other.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"Good," Danta blurts at Asta's initial remark, though the high colour in his cheeks says he knows that it was a clumsy response. "Fuck. I mean... Same." Takes a bit, but he gets there, see? Letting out a breath that is absolutely as relieved as it sounds, his gaze only returns to the other man as he continues, and the Maverick is left wondering whether he's overstepped or forced Asta to share details he'd prefer to keep otherwise private.

"I'm sorry," he says quietly, and anyone who knows Danta knows that his apologies don't come often if ever. "I panicked and overreacted. I'm not good with..." Waving an imperious hand to dictate lol casual intimacy when it's not sex related, he shrugs. "And I've enjoyed you being here. I was worried things were changing."
Dantalion

Change author:
There’s no remark on the good that blurts out of the other Ancient. But there is a low hum of agreement as Danta says same, and he watches even more silently as he comes to grips with the world starting to slow down. Thank the gods for that.

Apology accepted.” He says quickly, already calming down from the brief flame that has annoyed and enraged him earlier. “Things are not changing. Except for me being less standoffish.” He shrugs, before he flaps the blanket toward Danta in a sort of come here motion.

Now that we were adults and communicated, is it too much to ask that while you’re here you might as well join me? I promise I won’t bite.” He’s still half clothed, aside from the scarred torso that’s bare.
Astaroth