you spoke some quick new music
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
Isla
to share the space with simple living things, infinitely suffering
If someone had told Isla she'd end her time at the Midwinter Ball by strolling through snowy streets to spend the night at a brothel, of all things... well. She'd not have laughed in your face, given her contributions to the House of Midnight, but let's just say it wouldn't be the first on her list of possibilities. Nonetheless here they are, descending into The Last Whisper towards the Dusklight, the Remedy having buttoned her coat and donned gloves and a scarf to keep the biting chill at bay.

"None of this existed when I last lived in the Hollowed Grounds," she murmurs to Everest as they go, her blue eyes taking in new shops and boutiques, twinkling lights and bars still bubbling with conversation, until the redbrick building of the Dusklight drifts into view. "So this is the place?"
fighting off like all creation, the absence of itself
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 7 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
your eyes across a crowded room, just like it's only me and you
"No?" Raising his eyebrows thoughtfully, the aviator glances around the eclectic buildings, noticing only because she'd drawn his attention to it that the brickwork was much newer than it other areas of the city. "From what I've gathered, Danta hasn't made much of an effort to preserve what was here before." Said without judgement—what had been there before were relics of a bygone age and served mostly as either a hazard or a memory of war and death—Ever nodded as they came upon the quite familiar exterior of the Dusklight.

"It is indeed." Smiling, the aviator shuffles in front of Isla so that he might reach the door before her, tugging it open before beckoning her inside. "Have you been here before?" He wonders conversationally, trying mindfully to shake the strange nervousness he feels in Isla's presence.

The low lighting is something that Ever is used to by now such that it takes his eyes just a moment or so to acclimatize. Nodding a silent greeting to one of the bartenders Ever turns politely toward the Remedy. "Would you care for a drink, before..." Not entirely sure where he intended the remainder of that sentence to go, Ever coughed a touch bashfully as he smiled, his eyes lowering for a moment before lifting. 'And may I take your coat?'
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla
"Mm, even the architecture is different," Isla says with a mild nod. In the Hollowed Grounds of old, even the Last Whisper itself hadn't existed - or if it had, it was some underground ruin, not this twinkling corridor of businesses and people nestled below street level. Drawn in by the Dusklight in particular as it comes into view, all red brick and crimson lanterns (and an ice sculpture of what she thinks is a naked woman outside), the Remedy smiles to Ever as he gets the door for her.

"I haven't," she confirms. "It has a much different feel to the House of Midnight." No less decadent for its aesthetic, but feeling somehow more devilish for it. Blinking a few times to get used to the change in lighting and already beginning to unbutton her coat, Isla considers Ever's offer (lingering, in particular, on the ellipsis at the end of his sentence).

"Perhaps we could get some wine to take with us," she suggests. "And thank you very much." Slipping off her gloves and scarf and shrugging out of her coat, the Remedy at least matches the decor in her wine red dress, and she smiles openly up at the aviator. "Lead the way."
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"And then some." Ever agrees with a mild laugh. "This is far more..." Pausing, the aviator searches for a description that he'd feel comfortable sharing in front of Danta, while at the same time capturing the feel of the place. "Raw." He decides at last.

Opening his mouth to say something, Everest finds his tongue entirely tied such that he can do little more than nod and try not to gulp, as he accepts Isla's coat. Having not wanted to assume anything, despite all that had been said that evening already, the aviator tried to relax, recalling all the things he'd learned within these walls about confidence and charm. Smiling at the Remedy, Ever went to the bar, gesturing high up on one of the shelves for a bottle of red wine. After what seemed to be a brief discussion, Everest returned with the bottle and two glasses. "Right this way, though I apologize in advance for the mess. I hadn't expected company tonight."

Of course for Everest, mess merely meant that his pillows weren't perfectly in place and that there was a sweater laid over the back of one chair rather than neatly hung up. Given his studies, the room had a few features that standard rooms did not: mirrors placed along several walls and above the bed, a massive rug on the floor, a chaise lounge by the fireplace, and a trunk filled with all sorts of learning implements.

Turning a small insignia above the handle upside down—an indication that he would not like additional company that evening—Everest clicked shut the door behind them, before immediately moving to hang Isla's jacket up and then shrugging out of his own.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla
Raw is accurate in a way that surprises Isla, and she nods in open agreement, still taking in the gilded decorations, the deep, plush reds and the gold accents, the way any and all flesh is on display in some areas where in others, the game is geared more towards subtlety and teasing. Unable to help it, she laughs softly and draws closer to Ever. "And to think just a season ago you and I were in my office in a medical clinic," she says quietly, for his ears only. How quickly things change.

Surprisingly comfortable to be left in the middle of the Dusklight's main floor while the aviator goes to fetch their wine, Isla finds herself picking out differences in the place compared to how Sunjata had chosen to decorate or display certain things in the House of Midnight, though Everest might notice the way she's been staring, in particular, at a couple engaged in a particularly energetic game of Twister in one corner.

"No need to apologise," she assures him - the last thing she'll be doing is thinking of the clutter in the room. A room which doesn't disappoint even if it doesn't magically warp and change as per the brothel in King's End, Isla raising her eyebrows approvingly as she steps inside.

As Ever goes to hang up her jacket and shrug out of his own, though, of course the Remedy has already crossed the room to help him, her hands stroking up the length of his back before taking the coat for him to step out of it. "Will you be sad to leave?" she wonders with a mischievous smile.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Despite the fact that every inch of his body had been touched, caressed, scratched, bit, tugged, (etcetera) in this very room, as Ever feels Isla's hands against his back (and through his jacket, might he add), he inhales with surprise at the electric warmth that radiates out from where her hands had only briefly been. Shooting her a rather bemused look over one shoulder Ever steps out of the jacket with a low laugh.

"Not at all." Leaving Isla to hang the jacket up on the coathook (or to throw it away, for all he cares just now), Ever reaches for the bottle of wine and glasses he'd set down, placing them on a nearby dresser to aid with pouring. The bottle opener he uses is both ruby-encrusted and covered in breasts, but it does the job and soon he's poured them each a healthy glass of what is one of the Dusklight's best vintages.

Picking up the glasses, Ever considers for a moment, before setting them each down again and turning to Isla. "Sorry, but I really can't wait." He murmurs apologetically. Though he moves swiftly to her, though his hands confidently find their way into her hair and curve around her jaw to tilt her lips up toward his, the aviator pauses suddenly, peering down breathlessly into eyes he'd thought about daily, for the past several weeks. What he does next isn't so much a kiss, but a tasting of her mouth. It's slow and intentional, and though Ever is certainly known for being a bit too cerebral at times, somehow he perfectly carves out a balance between orchestrating his tongue and lips against Isla's, and fully letting himself enjoy the moment.

Pulling back a fraction, the corners of Ever's lips twitch in a hesitant smile that bleeds slowly into flushed cheeks and bright eyes. "I have been thinking about doing that every day since I last saw you." He whispers, before gently combing out his fingers through the curls in her hair.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla
Letting out a soft laugh that's both surprised and not - because it is such an Everest Hart response to not miss a room where he's been able to have all the sex he wants at any time - Isla takes his coat and carefully hangs it up beside her own, watching his movements out of the corner of his eye as he goes to pour the wine. Turning to face him only as his words hit the air, the Remedy's reply gets caught in her throat, her question lost in his sudden proximity.

Not for the first time does Isla feel a flutter of something warm and bright and giddy as she gazes up at Ever, her hands pressed against the warmth of his chest as he leans in to taste her lips. It's like something out of a fairytale that almost her heel popping back, her fingers curling into the lapels of his suit, her tongue wanting to chase the sweetness of his lips even after he draws away, however brief the distance.

"As kisses go," she whispers, recalling their conversation from some time ago, "that one was perfect."

Laughing softly and both wanting to kiss him again but also to linger in the impossible warmth of the moment for as long as possible, it's with heat already kindling low in her belly that Isla starts to unbutton his jacket. "I have wanted to do this all night," she admits, letting her fingers graze along the fabric of his shirt until they reach his tie, smoothly starting to unknot it from his throat.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Certainly there was no need for Ever to say that he'd been practicing, but he couldn't help but feel a quiet thrill in response to Isla's approval. Finding out what he liked and what he didn't, had been for him, as they'd discussed. Trying to better himself in the process, however, had purely been for her.

Breathing in deeply as Isla's fingers began to work at the tie around his neck, the aviator raised an eyebrow with a restrained smirk. "Well if you hated the tie so much, you might have just said." He murmured dryly before fitting his hands on either side of her waist, fingers extended around her as if they might meet in the middle such was her size.

"You were absolutely radiant tonight, I hope you know. I could hardly take my eyes off of you." Not when she'd been with Flora, not with Remi. Not with the others who had begged for a place on her dance card or had wanted a quick word. In every minute and in every moment, Isla had sparkled, and gods if the aviator wasn't keen to prove just how much he appreciated merely being in her light.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla
It's with a musical laugh that Isla finishes removing Ever's tie, tossing it over her shoulder as if she really had hated the garment that much. "Perhaps I just don't think purple is your colour. Not that you didn't make it work," she says, only for the smile to fade somewhat at the warm press of his hands around her waist. Leaning in suddenly as if to interrupt the flow of his compliments with her lips, Isla's kiss is probably a great deal more gentle than any of the others Ever has received in this room, but no less filled with desire.

"Yours are the only eyes I want on me tonight," she whispers to him, leaning against the broad expanse of his chest and letting one of her hands whisper along his stubbled jaw, the other lingering against the buttons of his shirt. "Eyes, and hands, and any other parts you can think of," she adds, the curl of her lips turning sly as she unfastens his top button.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
"No? Next time I'll be sure to ask for your input." Ever murmurs, though the prospect of thinking that far into the future seemed absurdly difficult while simultaneously contending with Isla's distracting beauty.

Sliding one of his hands around to cup her lower back, the aviator loses himself again in the intoxicating nearness of the Remedy as he returns her kiss. His tongue and lips are equally as gentle as her own; unhurried but eager in their explorations. Despite all the sex he'd had recently, it was laughable the way the aviator was nearly on his knees with desire, such that the way he held onto Isla was as much for his benefit as for hers.

"Ah, so I should tell all those watching through the walls that they should go...?" He asks, looking serious for a moment before grinning. As the Remedy worked away at the buttons of his shirt, Ever glanced thoughtfully toward the ceiling for a moment before the boyish slant of his smile turned a touch more wry. "Would you be at all interested in hearing about some of the things I learned that I like, before I show you all the things I've learned?" Said casually, as if she might be growing bored while undoing his buttons and this might help her to pass the time.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla
"Good. That way we can match on the dance floor," Isla tells him with a wink. "Make sure you practice your waltz - then I can show you some of my other moves." The double entendre doesn't at all need to be stated, but the Remedy's pebble blues glitter with humour nonetheless.

Left thoroughly twitterpated by just a couple of kisses, Isla has to stop herself from hooking a leg around Ever's hips to anchor him close and rush through the (quite different) dance they're in the middle of; instead she scoffs and glances around as if to spot the hidden eyes in the walls. "Not go. Just tell them to press a glass against the wall and listen instead," she says, walking her fingers down his chest to chase after the next button.

"I would love to hear what you like," she whispers, almost against the line of his jaw as her free hand slips down to join the other, as if worried he might step away from her before she can get his shirt open.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
"Perhaps this time we can practice together? I don't think I'm ready to leave for another few weeks." Ever murmured, and though the pair didn't know each other that well yet, it was likely quite clear to Isla that Ever would absolutely do just that if she asked it of him.

"Do you all hear that?" Ever called, his eyes glancing around the room as if pictures might surreptitiously slide back into place. "I appreciate that. It's how I've been paying the rent all this time, you see." He jests, but only because he knows that in fact that is how some of Danta's patrons afford their rooms.

Clearing his throat, Ever tried to slip into sexy talk mode, though gods it was a difficult thing with the Remedy pressed just ever so gently against him. "Well, as you might have expected, I rather like being told what to do. Not quite to the level of bondage, but..." The aviator shrugs softly; he'd tried it, hadn't hated it, but certainly he preferred silk restraints to metal ones. "And of course I quite like to know when what I'm doing makes someone else feel good." So far, all things Isla could probably guess before the pair had done more than kiss.

Tilting his head down slightly to place his mouth closer to her ear—if the eyes in the wall were going to listen, better that he make ti a challenge for them—he continued. "I've learned that while I do prefer women to men, I am a top when it comes to being with other men." Still, not wildly out of the realm of what someone might have guessed, but then, there were many more buttons to go.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla
Surprised to hear Ever call out around the room, if only because she is still unused to hearing him be so bold, Isla can't help her bout of laughter as she leans against him as if to peer around at the several pairs of eyes suddenly averting. "Of course, of course. I'd not want you to be kicked out just before you were about to make your way home," she says, straightening back up to resume her slow undressing of him.

Tilting her head up just so, as if to perfectly catch the soft rumble of his words as they trickle into her ear, Isla is absolutely not surprised to hear the first few points that drip from his lips. "Isn't that a happy coincidence," she murmurs, her own voice lowering to something close to a whisper, "because I happen to enjoy doing the telling." Even when it had been telling Ever to roll her over and fuck her roughly into the sheets.

Successfully popping open another button, the Remedy takes a second to slip her fingers inside his shirt as if to warm them against the heat of his skin, though she's no less attentive to the conversation. "And what else?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
"Is that so?" Feeling his mouth go suddenly quite dry, the aviator wished he hadn't placed the wine so far away. "I had hoped it was that, and not merely my utter lack of experience." Luckily Isla hadn't had to stoop to the level of it goes in here, but looking back Ever felt nothing but clumsy in his initial attempts with her.

"I don't think it's vanity, but I quite like to be able to see myself and my partner, from all angles." Lifting his eyes, he glances toward all the mirrors before returning his attention to Isla. "Also that pain is a great way to keep myself from cuming too soon, which is also to say that while I now understand what being rough entails, I've never wanted to go past that point." Ever continues, taking a deep breath as if to more fully feel Isla's fingers against his skin.

Letting one of his hands slide away from his waist, his palm almost politely passes over Isla's ass, before he uses it to press their bodies a step closer. "I am, and this is the technical term, an ass man, and that I quite enjoy being teased."