it's not the waking, it's the rising
Asta <3
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
Isla
one bright morning goes so easy
It is unfortunate - everything about the way things seem to be going lately feels that way, honestly, and Isla is more than happy to let the thread of conversation go. At least they are doing all they can to keep the void from their door in Torchline - and in the Hollowed Grounds too, from what Isla has heard. Humming her appreciation of the tea as she lowers her cup, the Remedy flashes Asta a cheerful grin. "You have very fine taste," she informs him, not that she'd expected anything less.

"I don't think I have ever seen one either," she agrees, not that it seems to bother her very much. "Then again, I have had enough to do with Ludo for a lifetime, let alone getting involved with any creatures that are meant to belong to it." Taking another sip of tea, she lets her attention drift instead to the waves on the shoreline, at least until Asta speaks again and Isla glances back to him and his black honey eyes.

"I always will - not that I hope to see you at my clinic for that reason any time soon," she tells him. Much as she enjoys his company, she hopes it will be for things like this from now on, rather than for stitches.
darkness always finds you either way
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4642
// as long as there's bread and as long as there's an appetite //
It has been a cultivated taste.” He smirks to her, hiding it behind the raise of the cup again, letting it soothe away any dull aches and pains. In truth, it had taken a lot of time to get where he is in terms of his alternate shifts, a man from Whitebrim with little to no knowledge of social qualms. The Climb, despite its brutality, had saved him, given him a time and place to learn and adapt and change, and perhaps that’s another reason why he feels as though he has no right to complain about the things endured.

Humming a little at the idea of sea panthers and Ludo, Astaroth nods his head, reaching up with the wounded arm to brush back the dark hair that threatens to fall into his face, tucking it neatly behind one of the pronged, fiery hued, oil sheened horns. “You have?” He asks, turning the conversation toward her. He’d never followed Ludo. He’d never followed any of the other gods before Dygra, content to be a spiritual vagabond.

His smile remains just as sharp at her comment, though, nodding his head in agreement. “I hope to not see you there any time soon as well.” Said on the air of a chuckle.
Astaroth
// as long as everyone you need is stepping in line, you are camouflaged //
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
Isla
one bright morning goes so easy
"Aren't we all?" Cultivated tastes, Isla means, and whilst she has a feeling that it might be a lot more literal for Asta than herself, it makes it nonetheless true. With another sip of tea, Isla sets her cup down to enjoy the moment; the crash of waves against the shore, the buzz of raspberry and mint on her tongue, the fine company.

As for his question about Ludo, she nods and wrinkles her nose. "It's a long and very strange story," she says. "And not one for such a fine afternoon, I assure you. Maybe next time I visit the Grounds I'll share it with you." Another reason to keep up this winning streak of not seeing each other exclusively for Isla to perform surgery.

And so the Remedy is content to while away the next few hours, refilling their cups when they empty and pointing out any interesting skeletons or flora that she can spot on the beach. When they're finished, she helps to pack away the blanket and the tea set, and insists on doing the bulk of the rowing back to Torchline's main island.

She's not going to have Asta pop a stitch if she can help it, put it that way.

~FIN
darkness always finds you either way
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!